Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2007, 01:20 AM

1 posts, read 3,746 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Currently I am canton Ohio and may have a job offer in the Cleveland area (zip code 44143 ).

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the cost of living in Cleveland? Website I have seen say there is a 0.6% increase from Canton, do you think this is accurate? Where would be a good place to live? I would like a nice, safe area but one that is outrageous in cost. I have a 4 month old so I am thinking of him as well. How is the driving in the winter?

Has anyone heard of the Flight Option Company? Good or bad reviews?

Any info you can give is great! I need to weigh all my options!

Thanks!

Computer gal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 AM

332 posts, read 2,254,273 times
You'll be working in Richmond Heights. And yes I have heard of flight options. As the 0.6% increase in living costs indicates its not that much different as both cities are practivally in the same metro area. You can go to Cleveland.com and search for an apartment or house. There's a large apartment complex called Richmond Park Apartments where you can see the schools and the Cuyahoga County Airport (where flight options is) so that could be a temporary fit. The snow is worse on the northeast side of the metro area, but the west side is about the same as Canton. The roads are cleared pretty quickly because crews are used to handling high snowfalls, so I don't think that will be too much for you to get used to being from 1 hour south.

What type of housing are you looking for? There's alot of safe nice safe areas in the area, but we can help you break it down if you give us more details. And also check urbanohio.com forum in the restaurants and relocations sub-forum. You'll also find alot of help there.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:15 AM

21 posts, read 85,407 times
Welcome to the neighborhood! If I were you I would check out the neighboring communities. Lyndhurst is a great family friendly neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, all the communities close are great - but growing up and staying in lyndhurst - you can tell where my heart is. The schools are ok - alot of adjusting going on but it will only make it better. Don't become afraid of the snow fall on the eastside, we do not get that much unless you go out to Chardon. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland