Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM

3 posts, read 6,893 times

Advertisements

Hi-I will be moving to Cleveland in July for a Cleveland Clinic fellowship. I know many people have asked about where to live.. but I am also looking for suggestions. I am 30 y.o. female and would like to live someplace with other young people nearby, close to work, near a lively area with restaurants/bars/entertainment options, shopping etc.
I also enjoy running and walking outdoors so someplace where this is safe
(perhaps near parks) would be ideal.

I would appreciate any recommendations and even names of specific apartment complexes...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM

78 posts, read 325,294 times
Well, I would suggest looking in University Circle/Little Italy, Downtown, Ohio City, and Tremont. All of these areas would fit your requirements (young population, restaurants/shops/bars in walking distance, and awesome outdoor spaces. Also, most of these places (Downtown, Ohio City, and University Circle/Little Italy) are well connected to University Circle/Cleveland Clinic via public transit (the red line and the health line connect Ohio City/Downtown to University Cirlce). Hope that this helped and welcome to Cleveland!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:18 PM

114 posts, read 305,673 times
I'm actually typing this on a Cleveland Clinic computer right now!

Depending on the fellowship (i.e. workload or call schedule), I'd recommend sticking close by. Cleveland Hts (near Coventry Rd, although there's a lot of undergads) and Shaker Heights (near Shaker Square) are probably your best bet.

Also, after almost 5 years here I feel pretty confident in saying the dating pool is pretty shallow if that's what you're looking for. It's not just me either. Scads of other single friends in the medical profession say the same thing. I'm not sure if it's a Midwest vs East/West coast mentality or if it's just that a lot of younger, well-educated people tend to leave.

Otherwise, andrew0816's suggestions are pretty good. I love brunch at Lucky's in Trement.

Last edited by xanthines; 02-11-2010 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Clarification

Old 02-11-2010, 03:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,893 times
Thanks for the suggestions thus far.
Does anyone know of nice, quiet apartment complexes near Coventry Rd or Shaker Square ( don't mind being near undergrads but don't want a noisy college apartment) . I'd like something with washer/dryer in unit and fitness center if possible.. but my online searches are not turning up many places.

Xanthines: That's discouraging news about the dating scene.. but thanks for the warning! Lucky's looks great too !

Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Fitness Center may be the trickest, but I'm guessing finding units with washer/dryer should be no problem. If you don't mind a drive 5 min up the road, Cleveland State University has built a new fitness center, and it is VERY affordable. Recreation Center - Cleveland State University

With those amenities that I'd recommend:

DOWNTOWN: 668 Euclid Ave Welcome | The Residences at 668 - Apartments in Cleveland washer and dryer (brand new two-story fitness center downstairs...completed May or June this year)

SHAKER SQUARE: I found this..kind of what you are looking for : Newly renovated apartments! Near Shaker Square! - Cleveland - Houses - Apartments for Rent

COVENTRY: Another one I found Newly Remodeled Coventry Apartment. Beautiful, Clean, and Spacious - cleveland apartments for rent - backpage.com

LITTLE ITALY: I've seen houses in Little Italy that come with washer and dryers...unfortunitely LI does not usually list apartments online (meaning...you have to look for "For Rent" signs)

TREMONT: Fitness center AND washer and dryer: Tremont Place Lofts, Cleveland Ohio Apartments

This might also be a good website too: Apartments for rent tremont, ohio, Houses for Rent in Cleveland

HOPE THIS HELPED!! GOOD LUCK!

Old 02-15-2010, 12:02 PM

114 posts, read 305,673 times
There are TONS of apartments everywhere for cheap rent. Don't be afraid to negotiate and/or walk away. I'd come to Cleveland for a weekend or a couple days during the week so scope out the place. I did that during the summer and totally ghetto'd it up in an undergrad dorm at Case for $22/night for a couple days.

It might be a little harder for the areas near Case Western because of the undergrads, but it's still not bad.

P.S. Don't live near the Cleveland Clinic. While The Clinic is really nice, the neighborhoods... well, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland