Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:21 AM

10 posts, read 28,444 times

Advertisements

I want to buy a newer townhouse in Cleveland and have come across one in Millcreek subdivision, a couple in Fairview Park and quite a few in The Cloisters in the Slavic Village. Any ideas how they are? The ones over at the Slavic Village are the cheapest and the newest but I am a little concerned that so many are up for sale. I met a homeowner and she just had good things to say about it, but after all she is trying to sell it to me. Would appreciate if anyone could give me a better perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM

78 posts, read 325,454 times
I would be wary of the ones in Slavic Village, which some consider the epicenter of the foreclosure crisis. However, I am not to knowledgeable about that area. Also, have you looked into the townhouses in the Avenue District downtown?

Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Slavic Village overall is not a great area. The best part of that area is... exactly where you are looking. There are some pretty cool things that have happened there lately.
I work with a woman that lives in SV but she's on vacation. I will ask her when she gets back about The Cloisters. Report back later.

Anywhere in Fairview is fine, of course. Bonus is it borders the Metropark.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,285,962 times
The Avenue District has ones starting at $239,000. Possibly the best value for Downtown for what you get.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 AM

78 posts, read 325,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
The Avenue District has ones starting at $239,000. Possibly the best value for Downtown for what you get.
And that is not including the 15yr tax abatement or the home buyers tax credit. Also, you might be able to go under the asking price.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Thanks all for the valuable suggestions. The Avenue District is way about my budget. At the other places the price (before negotiation) is around $150,000 and I really do not plan to spend more than that.
Anyone know anything about the Millcreek subdivision?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:30 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
You may have better luck looking in Rocky River instead of Fairview, there are more/better townhouses then in Fairview.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:39 AM

338 posts, read 559,891 times
Getting the government out of the real estate market is the only way we will find the true market price of properties and anyone buying now when government price supports are in place risk seeing their property value's fall when such innovations as ZIRP and tax credits are, inevitably, withdrawn.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
My friend says they are really putting money into that area and it has become a pretty nice area. Jury is still out on how safe that area is.
She wouldn't tell someone not to move there. She lives 4 streets away.
Although at the end of the conversation she did say "have your friend look at Millcreek. That's a nicer area".

Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Thanks for all the info. I have given up on buying a townhouse in that area. The Avenue District is out of reach for me but I did check out Slavic Village and Millcreek. In Slavic Village there are many new ones and many where the 1st owners are selling off theirs and moving out, which had me scared. Millcreek is like an oasis and I did the drive from there to the Clinic and it was, for the lack of a better term, very depressing. All these townhouse in both places had security systems in place - I've never lived in a place where all houses have security system installed. I may have to drive at odd hours to work and I do not want to worry everyday if my drive would be okay. So now I am looking to rent in Cleveland Hts/ Shaker Hts/ Lyndhurst/ S. Euclid and if I cannot find one that will take in my 2 dogs, I will buy a single
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland