Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:48 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,324 times

Advertisements

I'm not an NBA fan, but was cheering you all on from CA tonight. Great for CLE! One year with L. James and they get to the finals. Win that or not, it's great!

Now, if the NHL would get to CLE....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 07:36 AM

50 posts, read 63,178 times
I've been watching every Cavs game in New York, and each time they have played on the same night as the Rangers. Now the Cavs are set to go to the Finals two days before I'm moving back to CLE.

Whether I get tickets to a game or not, I'm so excited to finally watch a Cavs game with a Cleveland crowd.

Anyone have a favorite bar for games?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
When it comes to Cleveland sports, I am a Browns fan and a football fan first and foremost. However; I do root for the Indians and Cavs too, as it is my civic duty to do so! I did not expect them even with Lebron coming back to make it this far this year, and was thinking next year, but perhaps the championship drought will finally end!

Congratulations to the NBA Eastern Conference Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!!! BRING THAT CHAMPIONSHIP HOME!!!!

Old 05-27-2015, 02:13 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,977 times
Well Lebron certainly has enough help and the Cavs are stacked enough to possibly pull it off. You know a team is stacked when lebron only has to score 23 points, Kyrie sits some of the games, and they sweep a 60 win regular season team (Hawks) and win by 30 points. The east is a weak conference however and GSW are stacked as well. Players like JR Smith and Shumpert now have something to play for in getting CLE a ring, unlike NY where no one wants to play Melo ball. Everyone always said "not forgiven until proven" about lebron and this may just be the year for him to redeem himself after leaving for Miami and then coming back to Cleveland as the Cavs had since gotten the first draft pick 3 years in a row.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 5,122,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Well Lebron certainly has enough help and the Cavs are stacked enough to possibly pull it off. You know a team is stacked when lebron only has to score 23 points, Kyrie sits some of the games, and they sweep a 60 win regular season team (Hawks) and win by 30 points. The east is a weak conference however and GSW are stacked as well. Players like JR Smith and Shumpert now have something to play for in getting CLE a ring, unlike NY where no one wants to play Melo ball. Everyone always said "not forgiven until proven" about lebron and this may just be the year for him to redeem himself after leaving for Miami and then coming back to Cleveland as the Cavs had since gotten the first draft pick 3 years in a row.
Wait, you live in glorious southern Ohio, why don't you follow your local NBA team? Oh that's right, there is no NBA team anywhere near Southern Ohio. Sad that you have to bring yourself down to the level of the city you have such disdain for to root for our basketball team because your city doesn't have one of their own.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:31 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Wait, you live in glorious southern Ohio, why don't you follow your local NBA team? Oh that's right, there is no NBA team anywhere near Southern Ohio. Sad that you have to bring yourself down to the level of the city you have such disdain for to root for our basketball team because your city doesn't have one of their own.
Cleverfield, well said. My memory is that MM said the Cavs never would win a championship, because all Cleveland teams choke. Also, that Cincinnati was the superior sports town; sure doesn't feel that way right now. Positive comments from MM about any Cleveland sports team seem strange.

It will be a tough finals, but the it will be interesting to see if Irving, Shumpert and perhaps Delly can slow down Curry, and whether the Warriors can throttle LBJ.

Hopefully, the Rockets win tonight and stretch out the Western Conference finals even further.

Old 05-27-2015, 02:35 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:

LOL! I have a coworker who is a Bengals and Reds fan. Born up here, but has family from Cincinnati. Hates the Browns (not as much as the Steelers though) and strongly dislikes the Indians. He does however; like the Cavs! I've busted his balls about it too, and told him to lobby for the Nati to get their own damn NBA team! All in all nice guy though.

The ones that really drive me nuts are the ones who live here, root for the Indians, Cavs, and Buckeyes but root for the Steelers! I have a neighbor that is like that, though that dude is originally from Columbus, so I'll give him a pass!

Old 05-27-2015, 02:43 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,977 times
Quote:
When you've been to or have watched as many Cavs games as I have since the days of Mark Price and Brad D, then I may actually take your opinion on the matter into consideration.

Old 05-27-2015, 03:12 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burritoKURUMA View Post

Are you talking downtown near the Q? Try Barrio, Flannery's Pub, or the Winking Lizard. Harry Buffalo is another possibility. The WL and HB are sports bar chains throughout Greater Cleveland.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:26 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burritoKURUMA View Post
I've been watching every Cavs game in New York, and each time they have played on the same night as the Rangers. Now the Cavs are set to go to the Finals two days before I'm moving back to CLE.

Whether I get tickets to a game or not, I'm so excited to finally watch a Cavs game with a Cleveland crowd.

I would imagine that THE PLACE TO BE during The Finals would be East 4th Street, though I think it's entirely possible that they will have it on big screens out on Gateway Plaza, or even inside The Q itself. West 6th, Professor, and West 25th and even on Coventry (where the Cavs will be rooted for ironically : P) should all be hopping.

Let's Go Cavs! I really, really, really, really, really wish I could be hOme these next two weeks...

As far as the series itself, don't know what to expect. Clearly GSW can shoot the lights out, but I think as Barkley was pointing out last night, if Mozgov and Thompson keep playing the way they are, we have more than a fighters chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland