Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:26 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMathMajor View Post
Typically, yes. However...two places I looked at in Shaker Towers charged $850/month (lower floor) and $1200/month (upper floor) HOA fees. That sounds insane to me. If that's not, please enlighten me...

My friend bought her Van Aken condo for a price in the low $100s. Her HOA fee is somewhere around $300. There are condos in the area that are priced similarly but I'm seeing more that are priced like those in Shaker Towers.
Those are very high condo fees unless they also include major capital expenditures, such as elevator replacement (many hundreds of thousands of dollars), HVAC, roof replacement, etc. Just ask! Condos often take out loans for major projects and bill owners over several years to pay off the loans. Individual homeowners also can occur major upkeep/replacement expenses.

My point is that utility fees that are included in HOA fees would cost more if paid individually by homeowners given the higher HVAC efficiency of high rises (lower external wall/floor space ratios; stacked units).

So what matters are condo fees ex utilities.

Some high end condos do have some extraordinary expenses -- concierge service, 24/7 security staff, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,230 times
Solid points on capital improvements. The condo I bought...the building replaced all the windows (large) and builded the owners. I was lucky that the unit I bought included the assessment. I was not going to buy and then add another fee per month. READ carefully when units are for sale. Some do say, "assessment fee" and you need to know what that is.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:11 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,230,813 times
My god I wish it was 2008 again, and that I had a whole bunch of cash.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:57 AM

8 posts, read 6,977 times
Default Re: HOA Fees for one bedroom condo at Edgewater Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenChester View Post
Anyone know how much the HOA fees are for a one bedroom condo at Edgewater Towers?
The one condo that's currently contingent on the MLS has HOA Fees of $485/mo but it's a 2 bedroom. Typically, the HOA fee difference between on and two bedroom condos is minimal, maybe $50 at most.

Here's the listing for reference: https://neohrex.mlsmatrix.com/Matrix...?ID=4735592127
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland