Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:13 PM

215 posts, read 544,804 times

Advertisements

Pathetic video, Lebron should leave after that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 09:32 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,630,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
This video, to me, is looking less like a joke and more like a pathetic act of desperation to make Lebron stay. Plus they could have at least gotten some people that can actually sing, like hold auditions or we do have locals like the O'Jays, Avant, and Cherri Dennis, among many others. Of course I don't think too many people looking to keep their reputation would participate in something like this.

Wow this is surprising coming from you Beavercreek, I always remember you as being positive and optimistic about Cleveland and the state of Ohio even when everyone else wasn't. Why the sudden change?
I know, and I hate to do it to. I recently got a job transfer back to Philly, and I am not going to skip on it at all. Ohio is a lost cause, and it pains me to say that. But Ohio has the most corrupt government in the entire nation, and you would think all the problems this state faces, it would be a HUGE wake up call. Declining cities, fastest declining population, some of the highest unemployment rates, the brain drain, etc etc etc. Ohio's government, city leaders, and anyone else who has a role in changing Ohio are doing nothing. They are watching the state go down the drain, and will just wait for the next person to take over and see who can make it go down ever faster.

It's sad, Pennsylvania is booming, Michigan (worst economy in the nation) is coming out of this recession, and so many other border states are doing great. Meanwhile, Ohio is the fastest declining state in the nation, and our government leaders sit around and pick their noses. It's a sad day in Ohio, and Lebron leaving is just a small part of that. Lebron does not make up Cleveland, that is ridiculous, and he certainly doesn't make a state of 11.5 million people. But with job losses, and Ohio not embracing change, it is a DEAD STATE.

No 3C corridor, no Medical mart or convention center in Cleveland, no plans for new infrastructure, no plans to bring in companies and people, no revitalization of city cores, and that same old factory mentality. I feel bad for Ohio, I really do. So many hard working people. It's days are over though. I hope someday, Ohio can at least gain some of its old hey-day back.

I wish Ohio politicians, and a majority of the Ohio public would embrace change, and realize YOU NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY (3C CORRIDOR)

I have enjoyed my time here, and have met some amazing people. I am moving back to Philly at the end of June. I had planned on moving out of Dayton anyway.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,054 times
Lightbulb Beavercreek...The Best Of Luck To You, Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I know, and I hate to do it to. I recently got a job transfer back to Philly, and I am not going to skip on it at all. Ohio is a lost cause, and it pains me to say that. But Ohio has the most corrupt government in the entire nation, and you would think all the problems this state faces, it would be a HUGE wake up call. Declining cities, fastest declining population, some of the highest unemployment rates, the brain drain, etc etc etc. Ohio's government, city leaders, and anyone else who has a role in changing Ohio are doing nothing. They are watching the state go down the drain, and will just wait for the next person to take over and see who can make it go down ever faster.

It's sad, Pennsylvania is booming, Michigan (worst economy in the nation) is coming out of this recession, and so many other border states are doing great. Meanwhile, Ohio is the fastest declining state in the nation, and our government leaders sit around and pick their noses. It's a sad day in Ohio, and Lebron leaving is just a small part of that. Lebron does not make up Cleveland, that is ridiculous, and he certainly doesn't make a state of 11.5 million people. But with job losses, and Ohio not embracing change, it is a DEAD STATE.

No 3C corridor, no Medical mart or convention center in Cleveland, no plans for new infrastructure, no plans to bring in companies and people, no revitalization of city cores, and that same old factory mentality. I feel bad for Ohio, I really do. So many hard working people. It's days are over though. I hope someday, Ohio can at least gain some of its old hey-day back.

I wish Ohio politicians, and a majority of the Ohio public would embrace change, and realize YOU NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY (3C CORRIDOR)

I have enjoyed my time here, and have met some amazing people. I am moving back to Philly at the end of June. I had planned on moving out of Dayton anyway.
I always enjoyed reading your posts on the Dayton forum...and I won't join the folks who will probably read this and say 'good riddance'...

You gave Ohio your best shot, and when you had an opportunity to leave, you followed your heart, and I won't hate you, or hate on you, because of that...I have lived here for most of my 54 years, and I am a staunch Ohio defender...however, I am not naive enough to think that Ohio isn't for everyone, and that people will leave---that, my friend is human nature, and to get mad at people for being human is silly...

You gave it all you had, and in the end you decided to go elsewhere...I, for one, will say go forth and live well in Philly, and make that place a better place with your presence...I'm in Ohio for the foreseeable future, and I'll try my best to improve my lot here...vaya con dios, mi amigo Beavercreek!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,373 times
That video haunts my dreams.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,041,021 times
LeBron says Cavs have edge in free agency - NBA - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lebron-larrykinginterview - broken link)

That should be some good news hopefully. He's highly considering his stay in Cleveland. I hope he stays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland