Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 PM

383 posts, read 891,937 times

Advertisements

I have heard Ocean Ridge is nice but did not look there.

Nancy,

Congrats with your purchase at Ocean's Ridge. I am happy for you!

Regards,

Pony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,303 times
I have been playing golf for the last 20 years at both places and I always drive around the neighborhoods and both of these places are top notch. They both have plus's and very minor minus's. (terrible speller).

I am also one of those people who will go up to complete strangers in the pubs and ask people how they like living in "Blank". Must be my Jersey City upbringing and friendliness.

To be honest most people i run into are from up North and everyone had nothing but positive comments.

Bottom line you can't go wrong getting out of crazy NJ and moving to Carolina......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
I have heard Ocean Ridge is nice but did not look there.

Nancy,

Congrats with your purchase at Ocean's Ridge. I am happy for you!

Regards,

Pony

Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 PM

383 posts, read 891,937 times
Lol.

Hi Biscman, I am living in Morris County and am planing to escape to SJP. I like my town, but the taxes and the congestion. I am more than a few years from retirement, so my home at SJP will be a vacation home for now. Are you from Jersey City? Are you looking for a place in Costal Carolina?

Regards,

Pony

Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 AM

Hi Pony,
Yes, I grew up in Jersey City, New Joisey. Went to Hudson Catholic High School than St. Peters College. I used to live in Morris County before I got married and went through 5 relocations with my company. Used to Live in Morris Plains, and Florham Park, and Parsippany.
I'm 59 so my retirement can be 3-4 years away, hopefully 3.
One of my last relocations was to Charlotte, NC and we lived there for 19 years before my company went belly up. UK parent decided to pull out of the USA. Never thought I would have to go job hunting at age 52 and have to leave NC. Had a choice between jobs in Florida, Boston, or the Big Apple. We decided to come back home for last 10 years of my working live. We bought a home at the worst time in NJ Real Estate March of 2007 and market tanked and we have lost about 275k from what we payed for home according to Zillow. We are counting the months till we can get back to the Tar Heel State. Kids still live in Charlotte.
We are 50-50 between Ocean Ridge and SJP. You can't go wronr with either place. We went to Sunset Beach NC every year we lived in Charlotte and we still rent a house there every September since we moved back to the Garden State. I have 2 buddies who live in SJP and they love it there and another 2 buddies who live at Sunset Beach. We can't go wrong either choice.

Oh yea, one more positive. Lot of Northeasterners down there too with the good old NJ sense of humor.....

How could anyone go wrong??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Lol.

Hi Biscman, I am living in Morris County and am planing to escape to SJP. I like my town, but the taxes and the congestion. I am more than a few years from retirement, so my home at SJP will be a vacation home for now. Are you from Jersey City? Are you looking for a place in Costal Carolina?

Regards,

Pony

Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM

605 posts, read 1,259,021 times
Looks like there is going to be a huge wave of escapees leaving NJ in about 3-5 years! We will be in that wagon trail ourselves!! That's funny when Biscman said he was approaching total strangers about the area and the plantations - that is exactly what WE DID when we went down in early April!!! I wanted the real scoop about the area from natives and recently moved northerners.....!!

Old 04-23-2013, 12:16 PM

The magic secret is just throw out a couple of "youse guys" and they open up and tell you everything and how great it is to live down there. Most of the people love to tell you their story and they always start out asking "what exit are you off of" If your lucky enough to meet somefrom Bayonne or Jersey City the first question they ask is "what parrish you from".
I know some people don't like people from New Jersey but I have lived in 6 different states and i may be biased but people from the Garden State are the salt of the earth. Very few wannabes and phoneys as well.
At least true New Jerseyans who grew up as kids and lived their life in NJ.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box, don't want to be accused of being a Cheerleader!!!!

Ha!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Looks like there is going to be a huge wave of escapees leaving NJ in about 3-5 years! We will be in that wagon trail ourselves!! That's funny when Biscman said he was approaching total strangers about the area and the plantations - that is exactly what WE DID when we went down in early April!!! I wanted the real scoop about the area from natives and recently moved northerners.....!!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:14 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,050,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
The magic secret is just throw out a couple of "youse guys" and they open up and tell you everything and how great it is to live down there. Most of the people love to tell you their story and they always start out asking "what exit are you off of" If your lucky enough to meet somefrom Bayonne or Jersey City the first question they ask is "what parrish you from".
I know some people don't like people from New Jersey but I have lived in 6 different states and i may be biased but people from the Garden State are the salt of the earth. Very few wannabes and phoneys as well.At least true New Jerseyans who grew up as kids and lived their life in NJ.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box, don't want to be accused of being a Cheerleader!!!!

Ha!!!!!!
Totally agree! Although I'm not a native, been here 24 years and that is my experience. Never met a "Real Housewife" or Snooki! (maybe I don't get out enough?)

But, damn, this spring is dreadful....today looks and feels like it could snow.
The temps in Sunset Beach are in the low 60's today....Now that is golf weather

Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 PM

Agree 100%, took my dog Stymie out this am at 4:45am and I had on my Lands End down parka.

People have to remember a lot of the idiot shows on TV are actually people from Staten Island and other boroughs of NY. They get type cast as Jersey people but in reality they are not.

Oh boy, now i will get blasted by all the Staten Island and Brooklyn people!!!!

Ha!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM

605 posts, read 1,259,021 times
Good one!!! I'm from "south jersey" and we even have a different accent than anyone else in Jersey!! Snookie and that crowd are from Asbury Park's area.....much too far north for us "Jerseyites of Exit 4".....we all get lumped in together with her and that crowd! That Jersey Shore show has been the worst thing for sterotypes of Jerseyites!!!! Love these posts!!! We all should get together when we all finally move down to Brunswick County!!! have a good nite, everyone!!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 AM

Ha!!
Actually Snookie is from Upstate NY, 3-4 of them Staten Island, 1 from the Bronx, 1 from Rhode Island, ! (Sammy) actually is from Monmouth County, and 1 other from Jersey somewhere (Deena).
Between this show, Jersey Housewives, Jerseylicious, and 1 other make the Garden State look like the capital of male and female "Guidos and Guidettes". When my son was at college, NC State some people would think his parents, us, were guidos as well untill they met us.

Crazy TV. Bring back Archie Bunker and the Honeymooners!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Good one!!! I'm from "south jersey" and we even have a different accent than anyone else in Jersey!! Snookie and that crowd are from Asbury Park's area.....much too far north for us "Jerseyites of Exit 4".....we all get lumped in together with her and that crowd! That Jersey Shore show has been the worst thing for sterotypes of Jerseyites!!!! Love these posts!!! We all should get together when we all finally move down to Brunswick County!!! have a good nite, everyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina