Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,698 times

Advertisements

Boy isn't that the truth!!! I'm with ya!!! have a good day!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM

383 posts, read 891,820 times
Every time we visited a development we walked up to residents and asked them questions. What was funny about SJP, is the even driving bye, people would waive to us. In NJ they would give you the single finger solute. One of the reasons we want a home with a front porch, is so we can chat with neighbors as they walk bye. I guess I just love a community feel. The fact that the taxes are only 1/6 of what I pay in NJ is also a plus. I look forward to seeing my City Data friends down in NC.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,794 times
"Single finger Salute" Ha!!!! Love it!!!!!

But true..

"Single Finger Salute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Every time we visited a development we walked up to residents and asked them questions. What was funny about SJP, is the even driving bye, people would waive to us. In NJ they would give you the single finger solute. One of the reasons we want a home with a front porch, is so we can chat with neighbors as they walk bye. I guess I just love a community feel. The fact that the taxes are only 1/6 of what I pay in NJ is also a plus. I look forward to seeing my City Data friends down in NC.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM

16 posts, read 46,366 times
We are in St. James because: indoor pool plus outdoor, great beach club, like Oak Island, LOVE Southport (feels like Duck before it got touristy), love the new amphitheatre, love the emphasis on unique architecture. That said, we have good friends in Rivers Edge who are very happy there too. We just liked the authentic small town feel of Southport over what felt a little more "big box" in Shallotte BUT I don't mean that as a slur - we love the theatres there and after you're there for a while, it's all within reach. We spend a lot of time outside the bubble - there are great craft shops, really good restaurants, craft fairs, cute shops (Sole Searching in Southport - BEST sandals!) so hope this is helpful. I think visiting and just thinking about how it feels to what you enjoy is the best way....

Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM

59 posts, read 137,304 times
We just bought land in SJP and like all others are planning a move in 4-5 years. Would love to move sooner but wouldn't be eligible for pension if we did. I'm originally from South Jersey (Cinnaminson) and we currently live in Philadelphia because my job requires me to be a city resident. We were at SJP over Thanksgiving and attended a Sandy benefit and met a lot of great people, one couple who got our email address and has kept in contact with us. We're driving down to SJP over Memorial Day to check out the Open Houses and talk with builders. Never too late to start planning! Hope to meet some more people while there and perhaps someday some of the people on this site.

Old 11-02-2020, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,099 times
We are trying to decide between St James and Ocean Ridge. Any information would be welcome. Husband is a golfer, wife a 3.0 tennis player. Like to go out to dinner, theatre, very social. Is living so far from Wilmington a challenge?

Old 11-02-2020, 04:19 PM

773 posts, read 645,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbdave View Post
We are trying to decide between St James and Ocean Ridge. Any information would be welcome. Husband is a golfer, wife a 3.0 tennis player. Like to go out to dinner, theatre, very social. Is living so far from Wilmington a challenge?
No one but you can answer that question for you. One is half an hour from Wilmington; one is half an hour from Myrtle Beach. Can you live with that? There's your answer.

Old 11-03-2020, 05:38 AM

300 posts, read 474,734 times
Google maps calculates the distance from OCP to Target in Wilmington (located near the center of Wilmington) at 46 miles and 52 minutes. Google calculates MB as being closer at 33 miles and 40 minutes. I would increase the travel time to MB during the summer. I usually allow myself an hour from Supply to Wilmington during the weekdays and OCP is about 14 miles west of NC211 and US17. There can be slow downs on US17 in the Leland area due to the traffic. Getting around Wilmington can be slow due to the traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina