Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM

5 posts, read 8,911 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have recommendations about where one might be able to find parking on the weekend at either Wrightsville, Carolina, Topsail or Kure beach on the weekend. I'm taking my daughter to the beach overnight. We'll be staying in Wilmington because I wasn't able to find affordable lodging at the beach, but am concerned that we won't be able to find parking. We'll be driving form Raleigh so wouldn't arrive until late morning. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
In wrightsville one needs a little luck but it can be done.
go up towards shell island resort and there are a couple of public parking lots , also at johnny mercers pier. if you go south on wrightsville , after the bridge , there is parking along the street all the way to the end.
these are pay parking spots.

carolina beach has several public parking lots , should not be too much of a problem there.

know nothing about topsail except that it is a good 45 min drive from wilmington.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM

983 posts, read 3,987,981 times
You have to get to North Topsail by about 9am if you want to park...by 11am or so, it's crazy. Topsail doesn't have parking per se for public beach access that I've ever seen.....just what little parking there is along side the dunes on the street.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
If you go to Wrightsville, some residents let you park in their driveways. Usual parking fees are $20 and up though. Greensboro St has a few in there, if you want to get specific.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 AM

25 posts, read 75,526 times
What about Kure beach? How is the parking situation there?

stu_tv

Old 07-18-2010, 08:13 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_tv View Post
What about Kure beach? How is the parking situation there?

stu_tv
The good news it is free. The question is will you find a space on weekends?
Kure Beach Access Ramps and Parking (http://www.townofkurebeach.org/vAccess.html - broken link)

If you are going for the day you might want to start out at Carolina Beach and work your way down to Kure and eventually Fort Fisher looking for parking. If you find one in Carolina you can start to enjoy your day. It is one road from Carolina to Fort Fisher.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 AM

135 posts, read 640,406 times
I would take a roll of quarters or two with you, just in case you don't find a lot spot where you can use bills/cards, if you're going to wrightsville, which is the closest (IMHO) to wilmington. Carolina isn't too much further, but it's in an opposite direction.

It's $12/ day or $2/hour at wrightsville in the lots, There are lots at beach access points 2, 3, 4, 8, Johnny Mercer's Pier(#16), 29, 36, 44. some of the streets also have the machines instead of parking meters, I don't know those off the top of my head though... there's an (old but still accurate) map at Beach Info I think that you also might be able to pay to park at Loggerhead's, but not positive about that.

Carolina beach is different depending on where you park, make sure your spot isn't an older spot that has been 'blacked out' more info about parking on carolina can be found at Parking

Kure beach is free parking, and there are several small lots scattered along the main road. more information about where the lots are can be found at Kure Beach Access Ramps and Parking (http://www.townofkurebeach.org/vAccess.html - broken link)

Old 07-18-2010, 10:22 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historychic09 View Post
I would take a roll of quarters or two with you, just in case you don't find a lot spot where you can use bills/cards, if you're going to wrightsville, which is the closest (IMHO) to wilmington. Carolina isn't too much further, but it's in an opposite direction.

It's $12/ day or $2/hour at wrightsville in the lots, There are lots at beach access points 2, 3, 4, 8, Johnny Mercer's Pier(#16), 29, 36, 44. some of the streets also have the machines instead of parking meters, I don't know those off the top of my head though... there's an (old but still accurate) map at Beach Info I think that you also might be able to pay to park at Loggerhead's, but not positive about that.

Carolina beach is different depending on where you park, make sure your spot isn't an older spot that has been 'blacked out' more info about parking on carolina can be found at Parking

Kure beach is free parking, and there are several small lots scattered along the main road. more information about where the lots are can be found at Kure Beach Access Ramps and Parking (http://www.townofkurebeach.org/vAccess.html - broken link)
Will soon be a property owner/resident in Carolina Beach and can't wait to get my parking permit.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM

60 posts, read 227,478 times
We arrived at Kure Beach one time on Saturday, around 1:00 pm and we found spots in a public parking lot down from the pier, and on Sunday in July a different time at 1:30pm we were able to park in Kure Beach at Fort Fisher Recreation area, down by the Aquarium. It is a rather large parking lot and there were still a ton of spaces available. It is a lifeguarded beach, with bathooms and outdoor showers and a picnic table/grill area. All of the side lots down Fort Fisher in Kure Beach were full when we drove down on Sunday, but there were some lots directly across the street from the public parking lots that had spaces open, we chose to drive all the way down because we wanted bathroom facilities. Good luck and have fun!!

Old 07-19-2010, 11:29 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
TuborgP , welcome to the area.
are you by chance of danish heritage or do you just
love Tuborg?
we need more danes in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina