Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times

Advertisements

Update:

We had a wonderful time on our vacation - we climbed the Hatteras lighthouse and the kids attended a nature program and became Junior Rangers, we took a skiff out onto the sound and caught lots of croaker and spot, did some surf and pier fishing, visited the aquarium and Festival Park museum, also checked out the life saving station in Rodanthe. And we were able to enjoy some beautiful days sunning on the beach and playing in the ocean, flying kites. We love OBX.

We were going to do the kayaking tour but simply ran out of time. One more reason to go back next year .

The kids have some good fishing experience under their belts now so we'll try a head boat when we return.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions! We hope to try them all in the coming years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 11:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Im glad you guys had a good time something about Outer Banks its just Amazing .

Old 09-08-2010, 02:58 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
the crystal coast is hard to beat, some of the best fishing anywhere, I, and a few friends, are going out 13 Sept. my birthday, going after Tuna, or, as sometimes called "Saltwater Bucks". Terrell Gould now owns the Carolina Princess, I fished with him on the Harriet L also, he runs a good boat and has, thus far at least, always put me on fish.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Update:

We had a wonderful time on our vacation - we climbed the Hatteras lighthouse and the kids attended a nature program and became Junior Rangers, we took a skiff out onto the sound and caught lots of croaker and spot, did some surf and pier fishing, visited the aquarium and Festival Park museum, also checked out the life saving station in Rodanthe. And we were able to enjoy some beautiful days sunning on the beach and playing in the ocean, flying kites. We love OBX.

We were going to do the kayaking tour but simply ran out of time. One more reason to go back next year .

The kids have some good fishing experience under their belts now so we'll try a head boat when we return.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions! We hope to try them all in the coming years.
I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the Outer Banks of N.C. It is, and has been for some time, one of my favorite places on planet Earth. (Well.....I don't really have favorite places on other planets, haven't visited any of them---yet)

Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,638 times
We just visited the OBX for the first time... and, my, what a great place! We are sure to visit again. We visited two lighthouses, Currituck and Hatteras, which were amazing (fun to walk up to the top and, wow, what a view!). We also visited the Wright Brothers Memorial - a must see in our opinion. We visited Jockey's Ridge, and watched some children having quite a good time sliding down the sand dunes on boogie boards. We made sure to take the time to visit a few beautiful beaches. All in all, we enjoyed our experience there and would highly recommend it. We plan to stay longer the next time we visit. Thanks to all on City-Data for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina