Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 PM

8 posts, read 40,272 times

Advertisements

I'm from California, and after I finish getting my computer engineering degree at UC Santa Cruz, I wanted to get out of California. I'm not racist or anything, I'm just tired of Mexicans and that's all California is now. So I wanted to get out and either head north, or go east to my old friend.

I wanted to go north because last time I went to Washington, I remember eating at a restaurant somewhere near Spokane, and I saw the most gorgeous people there I swear I've never seen beautiful people and it was so common. I saw the most beautiful girls they had blue eyes and the cutest faces, you just never see that in California where I lived.

I also am considering Wilmington because my ex girlfriend lives there and she hates the place but when I came to visit, I couldn't get enough of that Carolina accent! I loved it so much, I've never heard anything so sexy in my life lol. I just love southern girls and I'm truly just looking for a place to be happy with my job, I can go work in California and I just don't want to I don't feel comfortable like I don't fit in. I'm like a minority in California and I just want to be in a place where I feel comfortable and be around beautiful people

California seriously gives me anxiety and I need to get outtttt

So what do you think guys, what is a better place to live and be around beautiful people? I am really sorry if I offended anyone here I do not intend to do that I just lived in California all my life and I don't like it, I will be leaving out of your misery as soon as I decide the best place to move to.

So.. What do you think about Wilmington? I do know jobs are hard to come by but I figured after I get my computer engineering degree I can find someone who needs some sort of help. And I heard alot of rich retireees from NJ come down and live there too but my ex lives there and shes really beautiful she's not a old retiree! So I know there's more beautiful girls there like her

What would you guys do whats the positives of Wilmington and whats the negatives? I don't care about crime I've had enough of that BS in California. I'm sure it's not anything different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 06:02 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
Don't get me wrong, but it sounds like you're looking for the place with the hottest women. At least you realize about the job situation not being too great, but that's in many places now. If I was in your position I'd pick Wilmington over Spokane. Wilmington crime isn't too bad, probably less than most of CA. You'll give up earthquake worries for hurricane worries, but at least with hurricanes you have plenty of notice.

I am currently stuck in MI, but if I ever get outta here Wilmington is on my list of potential cities to relocate to.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:10 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
sorry bud, you're in computer engineering. if you wanted to work around pretty girls you should've gone into real estate, or pushed big pharm.

my advice is to move somewhere that you find a job, and all further decisions come after that one. Wilmington is nice, though.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM

451 posts, read 1,913,383 times
for computer engineering, rtp would be a better bet.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
I do suggest you find an area with people that are more like yourself. Here in Eastern Carolina computering isn't exact first on the list of things that people worry about. A lot of the rural areas still lack basic cable and Internet. A lot of the businesses don't take credit cards and an interactive website where one might pay their bill is out of the question. Also, if you're not a member of a church you can forget about making real friends. They are also totally devoid of any community spirit.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by `James View Post
I'm from California, and after I finish getting my computer engineering degree at UC Santa Cruz, I wanted to get out of California. I'm not racist or anything, I'm just tired of Mexicans and that's all California is now.
NC is something like the #3 state for recent Hispanic in-migration, FYI.

Quote:
I wanted to go north because last time I went to Washington, I remember eating at a restaurant somewhere near Spokane, and I saw the most gorgeous people there I swear I've never seen beautiful people and it was so common. I saw the most beautiful girls they had blue eyes and the cutest faces, you just never see that in California where I lived.
Really, I thought LA was "land of the pretty people" (and plastic surgeons). Santa Cruz is a big ole' "hippie" place, right? If you want cute faces and blue eyes, I would imagine SoCal would be the ticket. My sister is there and every time I visit, I see "potential models" everywhere. I wouldn't say Wilmington, NC is especially known for its "pretty people".

Quote:
I also am considering Wilmington because my ex girlfriend lives there and she hates the place
LOL, interesting reason.

Quote:
and I'm truly just looking for a place to be happy with my job, I can go work in California and I just don't want to I don't feel comfortable like I don't fit in. I'm like a minority in California and I just want to be in a place where I feel comfortable and be around beautiful people

California seriously gives me anxiety and I need to get outtttt
I find this amusing, because I think I'm safe in saying that most of the other 49 states think of California of where "the beautiful" (physically, anyway) people are. At least after they visit Dr. Nip n Tuck.

Sorry to be a little blunt, but your values sound horribly shallow and false, and all you seem to be looking for are pretty girls with Southern accents? I wouldn't recommend our fine state to folks with this values set. I think California is exactly where you "belong".

Old 08-06-2010, 05:22 PM

269 posts, read 666,687 times
francois: Fine but what do you think about Wilmington?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 AM

228 posts, read 600,874 times
I recommend Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland...the women there are what you are looking for and you should have no trouble finding work. Plus, your population concerns would be addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina