Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2006, 11:30 AM

7 posts, read 25,714 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone happy I found this site I will be moving there in sept I am a nurse and would like to know some of the good hosp/ or nsg homes there. I will move near downtown area how far are the hosp to dr. and also can anyone fill me in on schooling for my 8yr old. he's in 3rd grade this yr. We r moving fr Balt,Md what a transition this will be help I am getting scared. I do have some distant family there though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2006, 11:33 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus380 View Post
Hi everyone happy I found this site I will be moving there in sept I am a nurse and would like to know some of the good hosp/ or nsg homes there. I will move near downtown area how far are the hosp to dr. and also can anyone fill me in on schooling for my 8yr old. he's in 3rd grade this yr. We r moving fr Balt,Md what a transition this will be help I am getting scared. I do have some distant family there though
I spent a lot of time in and around Cape Fear hospital this last week, they were great but cold probably use your help. Check them out

Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 PM

7 posts, read 25,714 times
oh that is great I will try that. I am linked with a travel nursing agency who is trying to re locate me. I want have to pay housing ,utilities and they reinburse travel.I love this part about being a nurse, but wilmington is wr I want to go and the agency only have needs in greenville, raliegh,newbern, and I think south. This really sucks and the drives fr wilmington is about 2hrs after working 12hr shifts. I dont know if i can wing it .is this normal drive for NC. My job now is 10 min fr home.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:38 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,471,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus380 View Post
oh that is great I will try that. I am linked with a travel nursing agency who is trying to re locate me. I want have to pay housing ,utilities and they reinburse travel.I love this part about being a nurse, but wilmington is wr I want to go and the agency only have needs in greenville, raliegh,newbern, and I think south. This really sucks and the drives fr wilmington is about 2hrs after working 12hr shifts. I dont know if i can wing it .is this normal drive for NC. My job now is 10 min fr home.
Oh gosh no you don't want to travel 2 hours.

Good luck I hope you find a job there.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:57 PM

958 posts, read 2,621,472 times
You'll want to check with the New Hanover County Schools on the schools near downtown...I know of a couple elementary schools not too far from that area that were less than desirable. Be careful on moving to that area. My son went to Freeman not too far from downtown that was a good school. That was about 6 years ago, so things probably have changed. He was bused past two other elementary schools to get there, so their busing patterns were very odd at the time. I had to drive through a very nasty neighborhood to pick him up after school.

You won't want to be driving two hours to work, believe me. There are two hospitals in Wilmington, New Hanover Memorial and Cape Fear. New Hanover is much bigger.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:49 PM

212 posts, read 1,063,695 times
Goto Greenville! Awesome hospital...live near work and drive 2 hours when you want to go to the beach.

I am riding 2 hours each way right now...riding a van pool for 1.5 of those...and even though I can kick back and snooze on the van it is wearing me out...and I am working an 8 hour shift...worked rotating 12's for years.

Don't do it. Gas alone will break you.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 PM

787 posts, read 3,583,473 times
Greenville does have a top notch hospital. They sure saved my life back in Sept., 1998 when I threw a pulmonary embolism 4 days post op. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about them except the ER probably needs more help. But it is that way every where you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina