Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 AM

28 posts, read 85,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
Thank You So Much!!

Do you know if there are nice parks around there? Do people swim in the river? If one wanted to go to the ocean what beaches would you recommend?

We really love small towns and the fact that Little Washington is near the bigger city of Greenville makes it nice, especially since we have been living in a very large city for many years. Although we did grow up in small towns. For the past year we have lived in the country about 7 miles from a small town and 25 miles from a large city. We love it. So if we do move to Little Washington we will most likely look for a home in the country as you suggested. Thanks for the advice on looking for a hill. =)

Is the Terrain around there hilly or flat? Lots of trees?
The terrain of the Little Washington is flat with lots of trees. To get hills you'd have to go a good 30 miles west of Raleigh before they start. I actually live in the mountains now but I used to live in Eastern NC. If you go down stream a little way there is a public beach on the pamlico sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 PM

101 posts, read 227,056 times
If I wanted to rent something in Little Washington I would call the vacation rental people, with the economy like it is someone may cut you a deal on a long term lease.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:36 PM

638 posts, read 1,594,617 times
When we were transferred to Greenville 15 yrs ago, we loved the "Little Washington" area and came very close to buying a lot and building on it; but my husband dreaded the long commute of 20-30 min daily to G'ville, so we settled in G'ville and commuted to Washington on weekends to boat and dine on the waterfront.

We are now retired and have regretted that decision for years.

It's always been such a "quaint" little waterfront town; lots of old waterfront homes and a comfortably small downtown area. A great area for boaters and outdoor people; antiquers. The waterfront restaurant has since gone out of business and has been replaced with condos. The old public Whichard's beach camping area that all the boaters went to has been bought out by developers and is now private land. So lots of changes have occurred that we really miss about it.

The little downtown located on the waterfront had some of the quaintest shops until the economy took a dive. They had more "festivals" than G'ville, fun family outings. Their waterfront park/concourse is still soothing to stroll on and sit on a bench and look out at the water.

It was a lot more fun in the earlier years before the economy messed things up so badly. Nothing grandeur; just peaceful and comfortable in a small kind of way. Like finding your own little private spot that no one else knows about.

Would I pick "Little Washington" over Greenville now? A definite yes; even with the mess the economy has done to all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina