Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM

17 posts, read 91,962 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are graduating college soon and plan on moving to NC in the coastal area. We are looking for a house around 100,000 dollars and New Bern seems like a nice place. That is basically right next to the coast right? or at least the bay? Any surrounding areas that are nice that have shopping? night life? etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 10:01 AM

577 posts, read 1,901,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisleyamor View Post
My girlfriend and I are graduating college soon and plan on moving to NC in the coastal area. We are looking for a house around 100,000 dollars and New Bern seems like a nice place. That is basically right next to the coast right? or at least the bay? Any surrounding areas that are nice that have shopping? night life? etc?
New Bern is on the Neuse and Trent Rivers This is were Fresh and salt water start to mix (Brackish water). The Neuse River runs into the Pamilico sound about 20 miles by water. It will take you 40 to 50 minutes to get to the coast from New Bern(Atlantic Beach). Morehead city is a coastal town New Bern still a good ways off coast.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:26 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisleyamor View Post

It depends on what you are in to. New Bern really does not have much of a night life....unless you have a group of friends who go out together everynight. In New Bern most people go to the Sheraton grand night club. There are a couple cool bars downtown though.

Greenville has plenty of night life. It is 45 minutes from New Bern. But it is all college students.

Jacksonville and the beaches also have night life....but mostly marines.

Wilmington has everything most people would want. But it is just off the ocean.

You might be able to find something in New Bern for 100,000. But be prepared to pay a bit more.

If you don't mind driving to Greenville to have fun and shop, Little Washington probably is your best bet. It's just 20-25 minutes from Greenville. And I bet you could find some houses for 100,000 in Washington for sure. A job???? Probably not....look in Greenville for that!

Good luck. Any more questions feel free to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina