Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM

16 posts, read 69,264 times

Advertisements

Where is the best NC beach for families. I am visiting in August and am wondering what part of the coast I should go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM

713 posts, read 3,929,075 times
Smile My not so surprising favorite beach for families

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoils View Post
Where is the best NC beach for families. I am visiting in August and am wondering what part of the coast I should go to.
Regulars on the forum know what I am going to say.

My vote goes out for the Crystal Coast, and along the Crystal Coast, I like Emerald Isle the best.

I just think it is great beach for families, and I have been to many beaches.

After you have visited the official Crystal Coast site, you can start wandering my sites at the Southern Outer Banks one.

You didn't say where you are driving from, but this is my time tested route from Roanoke, Va to Emerald Isle.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:18 PM

419 posts, read 1,397,470 times
Sunset Beach is nice. Duke University rated it as the best beach in NC. Not sure how they came to that conclusion but I've been there and it's nice. It's the southern most beach in North Carolina and about 30 minutes north of Myrtle Beach. Far enough from Myrtle to be away from the crowds but close enough to experience what it has to offer (dinner shows, amusement parks, shopping, etc).

Old 08-02-2007, 08:46 AM

90 posts, read 343,160 times
Guess i might be partial to the outerbanks beaches, corolla, duck, kittyhawk, nags head etc because i live near them. I think most of the NC beaches that i have been to are nice and clean. The nice part about the obx beaches is you can get free parking !!!!

Old 08-05-2007, 04:23 AM

404 posts, read 711,242 times
My dad's family is from NC. I still have relatives in Mt. Airy. Every year uptil 1980 we used to vacation in a trailer at Holden Beach. I'll bet the area is built up like no ones business now.

And yes, I am looking to relocate. Just don't know where. I deliver pizza, so jobs are easy to come by in most places. What I need is affordable housing which I have had luck in finding, just not close enough to a large enough community to make delivery as viable as it was in Chicago.

If anyone is looking for homes, check out landsofamerica.com. Just don't buy the house I'm watching.

Have a great day!

William
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina