Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:10 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times

Advertisements

Southernlady- I can't wait for the day that my daughter has her own Income! The last time I took her to Tangers on 501, my credit card spontaneously combusted in the parking lot!
I like the one in N Myrtle because she doesn't find nearly as much stuff there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:17 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,864 times
Quote:
I can't wait for the day that my daughter has her own Income! The last time I took her to Tangers on 501, my credit card spontaneously combusted in the parking lot!
Yeah, esp since SHE has an addiction to Coach purses. OMG!!!! Liz

Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM

I must admit I have that same addiction and I think it's genetic

The bad thing is that there are Coach outlets at both of the locations!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM

197 posts, read 957,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Fantastic take on Shallote, NCSC! I took my wife to the hospital in Shallotte after she got stung by a stingray at Holden Beach. The nurse said he commutes from Wilmington and it's a 45 minute drive on US-17.

We've been going to Holden for almost ten years now, and that's a great description of little Shallotte.
Thanks, cooperwx.

Carol53 --- 2 neat developments/neighborhoods in the area you might want to check out.
Calabash NC | Coastal North Carolina Real Estate | Calabash North Carolina | Residential Real Estate NC (Calabash)
Woodsong-Shallotte, NC - A Walking Neighborhood (http://www.villageofwoodsong.com/index.asp - broken link) (Shallotte)

Also, you can get pretty good rates at the beach in October.
I'd stay at Ocean Isle and explore from there if I were you.
It's a great beach!

Check out vacation rentals at:
Ocean Isle Beach Vacation Rentals - Ocean Isle Beach Real Estate - Brunswick County Commercial Real Estate - Brunswick County New Communities
Ocean Isle Rentals - Ocean Isle Vacation Rentals
Ocean Isle Beach Vacation Rentals | Cooke Realtors, Coastal North Carolina

An artist's gallery that I did remember, now that I think about it, is at
Silver Coast Winery. It's out in the country.

Silver Coast Winery - Welcome

PM me if you need more info. or have questions.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:10 PM

NCSC- Thank you for that great site! Silver Coast Winery is now one of our destinations in September!
I love to hear about all the hidden treasures in the area!

Old 08-04-2007, 12:48 PM

43 posts, read 147,315 times
All of you - THANK YOU! I am sold on Shallotte!

And I will definitely check out the art Gallery while we are there JerseyJ.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:40 PM

43 posts, read 147,315 times
Well, I just took a look at Woodsong in Shallotte and Devaun Park in Calabash - from their websites these are two of the prettiest communities I've ever seen. This could very well be the way we will go in the future.

They seem to be building these types of communities all over - we had visited one up here in Riverhead, New York. They were showing 5 different styles of residential homes, and you would get your choice of lot.

I think as a generation, those of us who are retiring soon, are very lucky that we have such choices.

I can afford New York now only because my husband and I are currently working. When we retire though, I would feel more secure elsewhere - our heating/electric bills alone are enough reason for us to move down south - we pay on a level billing plan (same rate monthly), for those that are curious, for an average size cape home - $310.00 per month. This is only going to go up this winter - and the next.

I would rather spend that money at Tangers!

Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM

Carol, we are in the same boat.
We love our location in NJ but, like you we are both working. When we retire the taxes here will be beyond our comfort level.
Having moved here from Mississippi, we miss the Southern culture. We have vacationed on the coast of NC/SC for over 30 years and love the area.
We bought a lot in Sunset Beach about 3 years ago and I dream of the day we move down there.
In the mean time-we get down there as often as possible and love getting info from those more familiar with the area.
Good luck with your quest!

Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
We live in Belville (just below Leland and it shares the Leland zip code) right outside of Wilmington. My husband works for GE and commutes to Castle Hayne every day. So further out into Brunswick is too far for us. We DO like that area, just could not live that far out due to his job.

With Little River, SC, and Calabash, you get more of the real touristy area. Shallotte avoids that. Anything from Myrtle Beach all the way up to Calabash in the summer is just overrun with tourists. Commonly known as the Grand Strand. Liz
It's Grand at the Grand Strand What I have seen of Shallotte though I think it's a lovely place. Actually from Wilmington south to Myrtle looks really nice to me. I don't think you can go wrong with Shallotte from what I have seen of the area and the surrounding area. I love the coast!!

Old 08-11-2007, 08:25 PM

57 posts, read 87,335 times
Default How rural is Shallotte?

What I love about the area is you are between Wilmington and Myrtle Beach and also near Southport. There is a lot to do. I can't wait to relocate. We bought in SeaWatch. Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina