Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 07:13 AM

24 posts, read 48,545 times

Advertisements

I live in Raleigh and am thinking about a wedding near or on the beach. Looking for a place that is less then $1000 for at least 6 hours, holds 75 people comfortably, and allows outside catering/alcohol. I do not have a specific month so any work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. I do not know the coastal areas.

If anyone has details with pictures/prices that would be great!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 AM

31 posts, read 114,399 times
I don't know the names of any venues but I would start looking around Topsail Island first as it is the most affordable of the beach areas. The towns have community halls you may be able to rent: North Topsail Beach, Surf City & Topsail Beach are the names of the towns on the island.

Emerald Isle area has more rental spaces but they are a little more expensive. Wilmington and it's beach areas would have plenty of venues but I don't know if any in your price range.

Are you a member of any organizations such as VFW or the Rotary?

There are also many, many, many churches who might be able to work with you.

As an alternative idea...you could consider renting a beach house. There are rentals in all sizes and price points from condos to 10 bedroom houses. Then you could do the wedding on the beach and have the reception on the beach and in the house. Use the kitchen facilities for your catering and out of town guests can use the rooms instead of a hotel. Just a thought!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:10 AM

720 posts, read 1,709,225 times
Check out the Southport Community Center/Hall. Wedding receptions are held there frequently, they are right on the water with an outside deck and a beautiful view. I don't know all the details, but it sounds like something you may like.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 AM

720 posts, read 1,709,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcatlover135 View Post
I live in Raleigh and am thinking about a wedding near or on the beach. Looking for a place that is less then $1000 for at least 6 hours, holds 75 people comfortably, and allows outside catering/alcohol. I do not have a specific month so any work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. I do not know the coastal areas.

If anyone has details with pictures/prices that would be great!!!
Some extra comments----google Southport Community Center Weddings and then images and you'll see some pics. Yes you can serve alcohol, but you have to get your own food vendor (plenty of those available in Southport)
Good luck with whatever you choose----but this spot is just gorgeous!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina