Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,853 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have recently moved to Fayetteville, NC from Tennessee due to his job in the army and we have two dogs, a 2 yr old Golden Retriever(Zeus) and a 3 month old Siberian Husky(Baylie). We took them to Oak Island last weekend and they had fun, especially Zeus, but I didn't like it that much. I know in FL they have DOG beaches with a rinsing station and all the works. I was disappointed with Oak Island even though it had good reviews and 5 stars on BringFido.com, or bones rather. My husband and I are just looking for a great dog friendly beach within North Carolina. The drive time isn't important, but I'd rather not waste my time driving 2+ hours to get to a beach that isn't even worth our time and gas.
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 03:40 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
As of Oct. 1, dogs are allowed on Wrightsville beach (I think this runs until the end of April) - they must be leashed though. I saw some unleashed dogs yesterday...grr. Dogs are always allowed (leashed) at Ft. Fisher, even through the summer.

I believe dogs can be off leash at Freeman Park in Carolina Beach - but you can also drive on that beach with a four wheeler so I wouldn't do it myself.

There were a lot of dogs on the beach at Wrightsville yesterday - beautiful day too - fun time!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:11 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
we have no designated dog beaches in this area, not with rinsing station etc.
as stated dogs are allowed on the beach after oct. 1 , on a leash.
there are a couple of public acsesses that have showers , I think some of them have
outdoor rinsing areas, perhaps you can rinse your dog there?

NC is a little behind the times with dog parks, dog beaches as you can tell.
and a lot of other stuff but that is for another time.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 PM

196 posts, read 576,073 times
Default Topsail Beach is dog friendly

Topsail Beach is dog friendly. http://topsailbeach.org/

You can also find a good number of dog friendly rental homes. http://www.topsail-realty.com/

In season dogs have to be on a leash, out of season they can be off lead. Public beach accesses usually have a roll of "doggy bags" and a trash can so you can clean up after your dog and dispose of it easily.

Last edited by wrestlingterp; 12-03-2011 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Add link

Old 12-05-2011, 07:03 PM

96 posts, read 433,734 times
Default Are you sure about being off leash being allowed?

I recently heard about someone getting a summons in NORTH Topsail beach for having a dog off leash on the beach. I thought it happened recently but i am not certain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingterp View Post
topsail beach is dog friendly. Topsail Beach, NC*

you can also find a good number of dog friendly rental homes. Topsail Island Vacation Rentals | Topsail Island Rentals| Topsail Island NC

in season dogs have to be on a leash, out of season they can be off lead. Public beach accesses usually have a roll of "doggy bags" and a trash can so you can clean up after your dog and dispose of it easily.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM

196 posts, read 576,073 times
Default Topsail Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlpn View Post
I recently heard about someone getting a summons in NORTH Topsail beach for having a dog off leash on the beach. I thought it happened recently but i am not certain.
Then the best advice is to stick with the southern end of Topsail Island!!

"Are dogs allowed on the beach?
Yes, dogs are allowed, but they must be on a leash from May 15th through September 30th. At other times the dog must be under voice command of a responsible person, but does not have to be on a leash. The person must always be prepared to remove any "deposits" left by the dog. These regulations apply to the entire town including the beach."

Heck, you can ride horses on Topsail Beach with a permit!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM

10 posts, read 28,397 times
Freeman Park in carolina Beach is a wonderful place for dogs, they have to be in a leash but if it's not to crowded and your dog behaves peole really wont complain. The only thing yes you need a 4 whell drive to get in, you'll park right next to where you set your chair or towel so your dog will be close to your car, it is worth it, I recomend to get the yearly pass or each entrance will be 20 dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina