Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM

61 posts, read 163,559 times

Advertisements

I am in need of some help and good advice. I am moving to Greenville within the next month for a new job. I am looking to rent an apartment at least for 6 months to a year. I really want a 1 bedroom apt in a safe area with garage parking. I am willing to spend about 1000 per month.I read about all the break-ins and don't want the hassle or worries. I would like to be close to some places to eat and a nice gym. I will be moving alone to start so it would be nice to have some distractions. I am under 30 but have achieved a very high level of professional success so I don't want to be disturbed at all hours of the night by college kids. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 06:57 PM

451 posts, read 1,914,274 times
Sounds like you have read these message boards and have gotten a pretty accurate assessment of the area. A 1000 dollar budget should get you a nice place to rent - probably a three bedroom house if you are interested in that. You should have no problem finding a nice gym...i'd recommend looking at Champions in Winterville. As for restaurants, try The Daily Grind, Winslows, A Tavola, and Starlight Cafe for starters.

Your money will go a long way real estate wise if you chose to buy a house one day. Good luck.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the gym and places to eat. I would prefer a nice one bedroom because I am going to be working 70-80 hrs/wk. Easy cleaning is the name of the game. I own a home in CH and plan on returning to the area after 2-3 years. Until then I will be traveling back and forth on weekends. I don't think I will ever buy in Greenville. Just not in the long term plan. You never know though. Any more specifics about complexes to avoid or ones to definitely look at?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,440,528 times
Do you know exactly where your job will be located, like what street it will be on?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:50 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Wimbeldon Court (luxury apartments) has covered parking and is in a quiet, yet convienent area.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,206 times
Going off what BMORE said, where abouts is your job? If you're on ECU's main campus or health sciences could offer different things. Or if you're at another business entirely, they're maybe something closer by. Especially if you're working 70-80hrs. Last thing you want to do is drive "far" home.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:26 AM

317 posts, read 826,184 times
Bono~ Check out Meridian Park. It's more for professionals, rather than students. I think they must give law enforcement a deal, because there are a number of cops that live in the neighborhood. We lived there for a year while my wife was finishing her Masters, and it was quiet, safe, and clean.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 PM

thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check it out. I am heading down tomorrow to get a better feel for the area.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:42 AM

451 posts, read 1,914,274 times
I second the recommendation for the Pointe at Wimbledon. Having lived there before, I thought it was pretty nice. However, if you want quiet, I don't recommend living across the parking lot from the pool.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:49 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,764,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithuania View Post
I second the recommendation for the Pointe at Wimbledon. Having lived there before, I thought it was pretty nice. However, if you want quiet, I don't recommend living across the parking lot from the pool.
The Pointe at Wimbledon is the correct name of the complex I was thinking of. Thank you. Wimbledon Court is the adjacent complex. There is an athletic club just around the bend in the road and a Golds Gym about a mile away. Other than rush hour (and it is just an hour long here - if that) getting around Greenville isn't all that diificult; so unless you're an emergency room doctor, where you live doesn't necessarily have to coincide with your work. I drive across town everyday. It takes about 15 minutes in non-rush hour. Add another 10 during rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina