Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:01 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
No boardwalks. No idea about scavenger hunts but everything is laid out in a straight line and spread out to where you need a car to get anywhere. It's like one long strip mall.
Well that stinks! Doesn't do well for my plan at all! I'm trying to picture some sort of area that attracts a lot of people to that single area for different reasons... maybe an outlet mall or anything? I'll have to do more research or scrap the idea all together.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasershen111 View Post
If so.... where are they?

If not.. what would be the best location to have an "appropriate" bachelorette party, mid-afternoon scavenger hunt?
I googled it, and there is one in Manteo. That may not be close enough to where you stay and it does not mention retail, but check the pictures to see if it's what you want: Town Parks - Town of Manteo* I have never been to a bachelorette party, so I have no idea of an alternative.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Well that stinks! Doesn't do well for my plan at all! I'm trying to picture some sort of area that attracts a lot of people to that single area for different reasons... maybe an outlet mall or anything?
Uh, I thought people went to the Outer Bank to get away from crowds. Silly me!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Uh, I thought people went to the Outer Bank to get away from crowds. Silly me!
That's the thing.. I think its such a long strip of beach.. one end could be a little busier.. where the other could be more quiet.

I personally prefer away from crowds... but for the particular "scavenger hunt" idea... we would need to have some random people to participate in things such as... "find a stranger who will let you smash an ice cream cone in their face"... "finding the most sun burnt person you can"... etc. but if there are less people.. it'll just make it more difficult for them haha.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
That's the thing.. I think its such a long strip of beach.. one end could be a little busier.. where the other could be more quiet.

I personally prefer away from crowds... but for the particular "scavenger hunt" idea... we would need to have some random people to participate in things such as... "find a stranger who will let you smash an ice cream cone in their face"... "finding the most sun burnt person you can"... etc. but if there are less people.. it'll just make it more difficult for them haha.
Believe it or not people go to outer banks to enjoy the beach and nature, and not some commercial attraction. Choose Myrtle Beach if you want that.
However closet boardwalk is at Carolina Beach.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Believe it or not people go to outer banks to enjoy the beach and nature, and not some commercial attraction. Choose Myrtle Beach if you want that.
However closet boardwalk is at Carolina Beach.
I know.. and believe it. That is why I enjoy it myself.. but also haven't been to all parts of outer banks.. so was just curious since there is a different focus for this particular event. Thanks for the heads up on Carolina Beach. I think we'll probably just scrap the idea and go with a couple other things we were thinking.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Nags Heads, Kitty Hawk area is only close to what you are wanting. You could have a scavenger hunt on Pea Island nature preserve or as others suggest Manteo & enjoy the outdoor drama of the Lost Colony or the aquarium.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 AM

606 posts, read 730,420 times
River Dunes near Oriental is a good venue if you want upscale and something different. It's a few miles from the town of Oriental, NC (that was featured in the new Nicholas Sparks novel) which has many restaurants to choose but not touristy at all. It's maybe 45 minutes from the nearest beach so if that is a must have it's probably not for you.

You can stay in cottages near the marina or rent a home. We stayed there for our honeymoon last year and had a great week of kayaking, boating and great restaurants.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,693 times
Check out [url=http://www.Obxpubcrawl.com]Pub Crawl OBX Outerbanks OBX Pub Crawl, NAGS HEAD, PARTY BUS[/url]

Old 03-16-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXFun View Post
This sounds like advertising, but it is a good idea. The party-goers can ride a bus rather than drive. They show groups like a bachelor party and a "girl's night".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina