Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:36 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear any comments about Elizabeth Down or Brentwood Estates in New Bern. I am a retiree considering buy a house in this area and any help is appreciated. I hoping to find a development that is friendly to retired northerners. Suggestions for other areas in ENC are welcomed.
Thanks,
Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2006, 04:11 PM

40 posts, read 160,721 times
I had thought you wanted out of NC??
You sure have made it clear by the posts you have made here in the past....

Old 09-15-2006, 05:29 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Answering a question with a question does not provide and answer, but thanks for your concern and help.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:09 PM

110 posts, read 456,070 times
I would also like information on that area, so I will be watching this thread. Any New Bernites out there?

Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,757 times
Well, I know everything about New bern.

The real question is, how much do you want to spend?

There is nothing at all special about brentwood estates.

The areas of New bern that northerners love are...River Bend, Fairfield Harbor, taberna.....

River Bend and Fairfield Harbor have older houses and newer ones. So the price range varies greatly. Both areas are known for Yankee retirement spots.

There are so many great neighborhoods in New Bern I could go on all day. Brices Creek is also a very nice area. Probably the best. Greenbrier subdivision and Golf course is really nice as well.

Trent Woods has many older and newer houses as well. Prices range from low to high.

If you need more help, just ask!

I know New Bern up and down. I know most all of the subdivisions in town. Except for the newest ones.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:24 AM

8 posts, read 31,317 times
I lived in Oriental, NC for about 6 months back in 1992. It was quite nice, quaint... lots of sailboats of course. The population of boats is something like 4x the population of year round residents... many come from surrounding areas on weekends or vacation to enjoy the water.

Nice Place.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 AM

720 posts, read 1,709,225 times
Fairfield Harbour looks interesting--what is your opinion? Some of the land prices are very low in the neighborhood--do you know why? We're looking for a small retirement place not far from the water or a quiet town. We passed through this summer, ate lunch at Capt. Ratty's--liked the downtown area

Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodlecamper View Post
Fairfield Harbour looks interesting--what is your opinion? Some of the land prices are very low in the neighborhood--do you know why? We're looking for a small retirement place not far from the water or a quiet town. We passed through this summer, ate lunch at Capt. Ratty's--liked the downtown area
It's like I said, there are newer sections of Fairfield Harbor and older ones. The older sections have old one story brick houses. Some are on the golf course. Also, the cost of living in New Bern is very low.

Every car that enters fairfield has to pass through a security gate. So it is a very safe neighborhood.

It is also a resort, so many tourist are there.

Old 09-17-2006, 05:09 PM

40 posts, read 160,721 times
I just hope that the yankee transplants don't destroy our beautiful, historic towns like New Bern

Old 09-19-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetriad View Post
I just hope that the yankee transplants don't destroy our beautiful, historic towns like New Bern

How are they going to destroy it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina