U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 11:30 AM

324 posts, read 285,808 times

Advertisements

Just bought a condo on the mainland at the town of Sunset Beach NC and it looks like we may have a parking problem. The season passes are all sold and signs up and down the beach roads warn about cars being towed or booted. Does anyone know about individual property owners who might allow parking in front of their homes or sell a season pass to me?

Please respond here or send me an IM. Thanks in advance!

walessp
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,702,146 times
I have been going between Ocean Ridge and St James Plantation as possible locations for my retirement in 4 years. I spent a weekend on Sunset Beach this Spring and watched them put those signs up and didn't think much about it. Now it appears that the "island folk" want to keep the place to themselves. I understand it but it makes living on the "main land" less attractive if you don't have free access to the sand "over the bridge".

Old 06-09-2012, 12:56 PM

14 posts, read 28,485 times
There is a free parking lot right behind the pier. I park there all of the time. If you are at the beach by 10AM you can usually get a spot with no problems. After 10AM and you usually will have to circle around several times are you can park in the overflow lot. If you do retire at Ocean Ridge, they have the Beach club which is right next to the pier. The Ocean Ridge beach club rarely has all of it's parking spaces full.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 AM

324 posts, read 285,808 times
It appears that my previous concern was not really a problem after all, at least if you go later in the afternoon. At that time, there always seems to be a space that opens somewhere near the pier, but often it's across the main road back toward the rental agencies.

walessp

Old 03-15-2014, 03:27 PM

7 posts, read 18,349 times
Sunset Beach still has a problem deciding whether it really wants tourists or not. Their parking signage and attitude towards vacationers is pretty hostile. It's a shame because it has the prettiest beach in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina