Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,872 times

Advertisements

"Revolution's" third week features a fantasy (Wilmington) world | Wilm On Film Blog

Here's an article about one of the episodes filmed in Wilmington. Stumbled upon after the 3rd episode when i did a little research after noticing the terrain looked a little too familiar. I can't speak on an economic impact but it seems there has been an overall increase in filming in the Wilmington area. Especially compared to lase decade. It looks like NC is trying to regain it's Hollywood south crown back from LA and GA. HBO series Eastbound and Down was filmed in and around Wilmington and Iron Man 3's primary shooting was in Wilmington. One of the things that Governor Perdue did do while in office was revive NC's film industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM

21 posts, read 48,715 times
They filmed parts of Revolution at Smith Creek park which is in North Wilmington. Couldn't see much since it was back in the woods quite a ways. Also saw a parking lot that had been blocked off and had all of the cameras and lighting for filming at night. They were setting up when we drove past. I am not sure of it was Revolution or Iron Man 3. Haven't seen a celebrity, but I would love to run into Giancarlo Esposito!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,872 times
Anytime anyone talks about celebrity sightings in Wilmington I'm always reminded of this incident about a decade ago. Buscemi Stabbed, Vaughn Arrested in Bar Brawl - ABC News

Old 04-29-2013, 05:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
NBC will renew the dystopian drama "Revolution," for a second season, though it's unclear if its filming will remain in Wilmington.
The series' pilot was shot near Atlanta last spring, while subsequent episodes shot in the Cape Fear region. Filming wrapped in early April, but crews haven't heard if they'll return to their jobs, Wilmington Regional Film Commission Director Johnny Griffin said on Friday.
‘Revolution' renewed for another season | StarNewsOnline.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina