Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 05:36 AM

232 posts, read 474,982 times

Advertisements

As a recent graduate, I can personally say that the academic workload has been increased. My freshman year was a breeze. No attendance policies, very few cumulative final exams, very few papers. My senior year, all professors mentioned several requirements that were made. More than 3 days absent results in a failing grade. All of my classes required a research paper of more than 10 pages. The writing intensive course mandated a minimum of 25 pages written. I took quite a few electives my senior year, so my workload didn't increase because i was taking 3000+ courses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:10 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I took quite a few electives my senior year, so my workload didn't increase because i was taking 3000+ courses.
Wow! I only took 4-6 courses at a time when I was in college.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:16 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,161,895 times
the bottom half ought to be shut down altogether...if ecu is top 25% i can only imagine.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Wow! I only took 4-6 courses at a time when I was in college.

Thanks for the insight. I was curious

Old 08-08-2012, 03:40 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,726,984 times
This list is about as bogus as you get. After the top 10 or so, that is.

Where is UNCSA?? The 7th best film school in the world???

Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,258,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Well, to an extent it is. I'm an alum and don't believe it's that good of a school. It has gotten worse in the past few years.

It's not BAD, but it sure isn't 25% material. May be in the top 25% in size alone but that's about it.
You are a freaking troll. I know for a fact that the admission standards are more stringent.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM

286 posts, read 653,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
You are a freaking troll. I know for a fact that the admission standards are more stringent.
Kiddo, I am not a troll, just telling things like they are. Admission standards on paper have done nothing for the image that the rest of the state has of ECU. The administration has done nothing to attempt to curtail that image either. In some circles (elsewhere in the state; some people leave Pitt County once in awhile you know) it's pretty damn embarrassing to say you went to ECU.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:05 AM

48 posts, read 109,422 times
Generally these "top" schools and university lists are a scam and great advertising. For example just because a school has a lot of advanced classes (advanced placement ?? AP) doesn't make it a top school but in some "top" schools lists that is the primary variable to put together their list. It's pathetic.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Kiddo, I am not a troll, just telling things like they are. Admission standards on paper have done nothing for the image that the rest of the state has of ECU. The administration has done nothing to attempt to curtail that image either. In some circles (elsewhere in the state; some people leave Pitt County once in awhile you know) it's pretty damn embarrassing to say you went to ECU.
The subject of the thread has nothing to do with ECU's image. The statistics for admission rates are hard facts. Your talk about image is nonsense. How do you measure a schools image? You are also highly over exaggerating this. I'm not embarrassed one bit to be a part of ECU. Do you think the man controlling the NASA space vehicle on mars is embarrassed of his degree from ECU?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 AM

286 posts, read 653,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
The subject of the thread has nothing to do with ECU's image. The statistics for admission rates are hard facts. Your talk about image is nonsense. How do you measure a schools image? You are also highly over exaggerating this. I'm not embarrassed one bit to be a part of ECU. Do you think the man controlling the NASA space vehicle on mars is embarrassed of his degree from ECU?
I was responding to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
But the common "consensus" here, is ECU is one of dem dumb people colleges.
And of course there is no way to "measure" an image; it is what it is. I frequently hire from pools of current ECU students (not by my choice) and some of what I see in their communication skills is appalling. I see e-mails written at a middle school level and very few know how to communicate with prospective employers. When I was a student, we were at least taught how to write a resume.

I was proud and had a good opinion of ECU when I graduated years ago. It's waned significantly and for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina