Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,645 times

Advertisements

We a thinking about moving to the area . Are there any new responses about these subdivisions? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 01:44 PM

202 posts, read 181,084 times
5 yrs later. Do you like CP and still feel it was a batter move than BF? We are presently comparing both to one another (and along with St James which we know is a different horse so to speak)

Last edited by NC_Cpl; 02-23-2022 at 02:45 PM..

Old 02-23-2022, 04:06 PM

13,323 posts, read 26,772,505 times
The Coastal Home Show is coming up on April 21-24. That would be a good the to visit. The housing market has seen many changes in pricing since the Covid pandemic. I think you might as well start your research from scratch as most of the posters from 2018 no longer participate.

Old 02-23-2022, 04:44 PM

25 posts, read 87,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Cpl View Post
5 yrs later. Do you like CP and still feel it was a batter move than BF? We are presently comparing both to one another (and along with St James which we know is a different horse so to speak)
Been living in CP for 1.5 years. My wife and I call it the greatest place on Earth LOL. I've met people from other communities including BF and most just love where they live, you just need to visit and see what feels right, in some ways you can't go wrong.
I will say Compass Pointe is just about out of lots and unclear when and if they will open a new section.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 756 times
I attended the CP home show last summer. I know friends who live in the community and I was able to place my name on the priority wait list for a lot. A very recent email from CP indicates that they have received approval to open up the final section. A visit in April is a good idea as you would likely get the latest info and perhaps see the homesites available in the new section if they have the lots sectioned off.

I also looked at BF, but felt it too large of a community. If I build my preference would be in CP. Only downside I can see is there is not much commercial nearby the community and doesn't seem like much is planned. All the shopping is building up near BF. Depends on what you are interested in. Both have great amenities, just different vibes.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:21 AM

Compass Pointe has industrial property across the highway, and it seems unlikely to be replaced by retail stores. One has to drive 4 or 5 miles to the closest grocery store. That is the most negative thing about CP. Otherwise the amenities are great.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Compass Pointe has industrial property across the highway, and it seems unlikely to be replaced by retail stores. One has to drive 4 or 5 miles to the closest grocery store. That is the most negative thing about CP. Otherwise the amenities are great.
Addendum to my comments:

Regarding recent changes in the market, it appears that the price of lots has increased considerably. The few lots for sale in CP are around $200,000. Lots in St James start at $80,000 for smaller lots, and go into the $100K range for more desirable lots. The lots in BF start at $130K for a tiny lot, and go into the $200K range. In the past, you could get lots at St James in the $60K range. (I use CarolinaPlantations for comparing listings.)

This means that the total cost of building a new home is going to be a lot higher: I estimate the $500K range at a minimum, and more likely the $600-700K range. Given that market, existing homes are a better bargain, even if they need some updating.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:14 PM

176 posts, read 234,005 times
There are very few (if any) desirable lots in St James for $80,000. Most lots are well over $100,000 with many selling over $200,000. Updated houses are selling at a premium. When we talked with builders the higher end were around $350/ square foot plus your lot. We opted to buy a resale when we found one that met most of our criteria.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:32 PM

If people have concerns about affordability, the new construction in River Sea seems more affordable in the mid $500K range. River Sea is not very built up, but it has decent amenities.
For existing homes, Magnolia Greens has duplex THs in the mid $300K range, and some of the more affordable SFHs.

Old 02-26-2022, 09:46 PM

184 posts, read 148,533 times
I went to the Compass Pointe Web site and watched the whole 7:32 "A True Sense of Community" video (in the "Community" tab), which included a few large group shots, and the shorter video in the "Community/Our Residents" tab (which was mostly, but not entirely, clips of material from the longer video.)

A sea of pasty white faces. I did not see even one non-white person. Creeeeeeeepy AF.

(I'm of the pasty persuasion, myself living in a multi-racial area.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina