Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Is this the same community that has delays on the new golf course coming up and trouble with the local government on infrastructure issues? Best settle current issues before talking about future expansion.
Mark Saunders owned two sections of Ocean Ridge Plantation. the first section, off Route 17, has all infrastructure in place, sewer, water, golf courses, community centers, etc. Tons of homes there. The second section, below route 211 I think it is - is "Jaquar's Liar" - that is the problem section. I believe he sold that section off??? back to the county for back taxes or something? Google "Mark Saunders" to get the real story - not too sure right now - but he's still a respected builder in the county, along with other good builders like Blue Sky, Whitney Blair, Ernest Crews, Signature, etc. It's a long story with Saunders - but he, apparently made good with the county - people who bought into that section of his, before it was even cleared, infrastructure built, etc, all I can say is 'buyer beware'.....those people bought in the hype of 2006-2007 and got caught up in the frenzy of it all - I personally would have never bought until I saw sewer, water and other infrastructures in.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 10:52 AM

4 posts, read 13,572 times
There is actually a lot of construction going on in the area of Ocean Ridge known as Jaguar's Liar. Roads are being installed and infrastructure like sewer lines being installed. It is actually off of route 179, not 211. It is in a great location and minutes to Calabash and shopping areas with a Lowe's Food, Food Lion, CVS, Walgreen's and many restaurants. Prices are expected to go up significantly this year and I would suggest anyone wanting to get in while the market is still near its record lows should act now.

One comment I do have, be careful who you pick for an agent, while most are very good and ethical there are a couple who will tell you just about anything to make the sale (these are the same ones who sold these areas year ago knowing full well nothing was certain, no infrastructure was in place and yet pushed people into buying). A good agent will give you all the insight into an area, let you know is there are any known pitfalls and keep you abreast of issues affecting the area. mod cut

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-29-2013 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: tos violation

Old 11-26-2013, 08:07 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,047,431 times
nat, that may or may not be good news for the lot owners in Jaguars Lair. Do you know who is moving ahead with the infrastructure? Is it Brunswick Co. or Mark Saunders? Do you know who is behind the financing and if they are going to complete the amenities?

So glad you like the area, we do too!

Where did you decide to buy?

Old 01-14-2014, 12:33 PM

83 posts, read 152,228 times
Anyone know when the Spring Parade of Homes show is for Brunswick county??

Old 01-14-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joisy jim View Post

No I don't but please post when u know as we wish to attend this one too. We loved the house tour last fall. This spring we will go all three days as u need all three days to see the homes. Fall had 52 homes!!

Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM

I contacted the Brunswick Co. Builders Ass'n and they told me that the Wilmington-Cape Fear BA sponsors the spring Parade of Homes. The spring schedule for that event is April 26th & 27th and May 3rd & 4th. It will be in New Hanover Co.

They are having a Home Expo and Remodeling show Jan 25th and 26th in Wilmington.

I am waiting for a list of Builders who are participating this spring but all the open houses are in New Hanover Co. I'm not sure if any of the builders that we are interested in will be there.

That Home Expo would be fun to go to as well!

Old 01-15-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joisy jim View Post

I contacted the Brunswick Co. Builders Ass'n and they told me that the Wilmington-Cape Fear BA sponsors the spring Parade of Homes. The spring schedule for that event is April 26th & 27th and May 3rd & 4th. It will be in New Hanover Co.

They are having a Home Expo and Remodeling show Jan 25th and 26th in Wilmington.

I am waiting for a list of Builders who are participating this spring but all the open houses are in New Hanover Co. I'm not sure if any of the builders that we are interested in will be there.

That Home Expo would be fun to go to as well (found my my terrific friend, JerseyJ) Thanks Judy!!

Old 01-16-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post

That Home Expo would be fun to go to as well!

I did receive an e mail response from Suzanne Jalot, Marketing Director of the Wilmington-Cape Fear BA. She said " We cannot release the list of builders who will be participating until the Parade opens".

I know we had a list of vendors prior to the Brunswick Co. Parade of Homes. I wonder why WCF BA can not do that?

Old 01-17-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
I did receive an e mail response from Suzanne Jalot, Marketing Director of the Wilmington-Cape Fear BA. She said " We cannot release the list of builders who will be participating until the Parade opens".

I know we had a list of vendors prior to the Brunswick Co. Parade of Homes. I wonder why WCF BA can not do that?
Yes, you are correct, Judi - we were able to see the builders from the catalog that was posted on line before the Parade of Homes opened up that weekend. Interesting.....I did see the application on the webpage for Spring for the builders to apply to be in the show - I think that's what that was, correct??

Old 01-17-2014, 04:49 PM

Yes Nancy, I saw the application too.
I have no idea why they can't give out that info....that seems pretty crazy. The main reason we wanted to go to Brunswick Co. Parade of Homes, last fall, was to see the homes designed and built by certain builders.

It is good to talk to them but seeing their real life projects is a must!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina