Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 AM

116 posts, read 425,465 times

Advertisements

Buyer beware in the forest! Seriously they are considering building 10,000 homes in there and will swallow up Leland in the process. Take a good look at the roads outside the forest, they are already getting congested with only 500 new homes in there and also check out the water and sewer system, there is not enough for such an expansion of the area. The monthly POA is a large expense and gets bigger with each new opening of another phase of these woods, and don't forget to check out the areas that are to used to build huge storage facilities for the hundreds of container shipments from the new port in Southport, they are going to be in Leland.
Already plans have been scrapped for the new movie theater and I'm sure its just the start of more changed plans. And as for the beaches that you plan on using while you live there? If you can ever get over the bridge due to closings, accidents where all roads merge, etc your nearest beach is at Wrightsville, about ten miles away, and good luck trying to find a parking space in the summer! Or you could try Carolina beach, about 25 miles
out of the forest. The advertising of this developement is very slick, due to the billionaire backers, but don't be fooled into believing all you read.
And as for the uptick in the real estate market, I'm not seeing it, I have had a house for sale in Brunswick County for 16 months now, custom built on a golf course, (not on the dead zone of 211) and it is priced below what I paid for it in 2006, new. Also take this into consideration if you plan on buying in BF, if you decide you don't like living there, be warned that you won't get your money back when you try to sell the house.
Hope this will help you with your decision,

Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 06-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: to comply with forum rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 AM

107 posts, read 283,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robma44541 View Post
Buyer beware in the forest! Seriously they are considering building 10,000 homes in there and will swallow up Leland in the process. Take a good look at the roads outside the forest, they are already getting congested with only 500 new homes in there and also check out the water and sewer system, there is not enough for such an expansion of the area. The monthly POA is a large expense and gets bigger with each new opening of another phase of these woods, and don't forget to check out the areas that are to used to build huge storage facilities for the hundreds of container shipments from the new port in Southport, they are going to be in Leland.
Already plans have been scrapped for the new movie theater and I'm sure its just the start of more changed plans. And as for the beaches that you plan on using while you live there? If you can ever get over the bridge due to closings, accidents where all roads merge, etc your nearest beach is at Wrightsville, about ten miles away, and good luck trying to find a parking space in the summer! Or you could try Carolina beach, about 25 miles
out of the forest. The advertising of this developement is very slick, due to the billionaire backers, but don't be fooled into believing all you read.
And as for the uptick in the real estate market, I'm not seeing it, I have had a house for sale in Brunswick County for 16 months now, custom built on a golf course, (not on the dead zone of 211) and it is priced below what I paid for it in 2006, new. Also take this into consideration if you plan on buying in BF, if you decide you don't like living there, be warned that you won't get your money back when you try to sell the house.
Hope this will help you with your decision, Moderator cut: removed
Total Rubbish

Last edited by autumngal; 06-08-2009 at 05:20 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Question Total Rubbish

You need to take off those blinders, what I said was all facts, you can't deny it, I'd like to know what you base your opinion on.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 AM

107 posts, read 283,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robma44541 View Post
You need to take off those blinders, what I said was all facts, you can't deny it, I'd like to know what you base your opinion on.
How about actually living here. funny how ppl that dont interact with the places they trash. oh I forgot your trying to sell your house somewhere, so lets trash the other developments.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:03 AM

I'm not trashing BF, I know someone who build there and considered it myself till I looked at the infrastructure of Leland and its politics. I'm just letting anyone outside the area who is considering living in the Leland area to check out these issues before they commit to building there. If you like to be cocooned in your own development and not look outside its gates and its future problems then so be it.
And as for selling my house I was responding to the Realtor who said that a house in this area is on the market for about 120 days and only those who unrealistically price their house won't sell in that time frame. 16 months and listed below purchase price contradicts that.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJinNC View Post
Total Rubbish
what's rubbish about it? the bluffs, which is the pride of brunswick is a dead project. brunswick county is dead, and the developments that have existing houses are trash.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM

214 posts, read 822,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJinNC View Post
How about actually living here. funny how ppl that dont interact with the places they trash. oh I forgot your trying to sell your house somewhere, so lets trash the other developments.
I have to agree with MJinNC, some of these posts dumping BC and New Hanover Counties are rubbish. Moderator cut: removed
Where ppl choose to live is their decision, and I certainly hope they aren't basing their decisions on the rubbish that has recently surfaced on this forum.

Last edited by autumngal; 06-08-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: report posts please

Old 06-08-2009, 01:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellbelle View Post
Where ppl choose to live is their decision, and I certainly hope they aren't basing their decisions on the rubbish that has recently surfaced on this forum.
I, for one, hope that people aren't basing these decisions on the literature or opinions provided by Brunswick County developers and Brunswick County realtors.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellbelle View Post
I have to agree with MJinNC, some of these posts dumping BC and New Hanover Counties are rubbish. Moderator cut: removed
Moderator cut: removed

brunswick county is nothing but flat ugly land, rednecks, trailer parks, overpriced homes, dead housing developments, and obnoxious retired people. that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. stay in new hanover county people. the higher taxes are WELL worth it.

Last edited by autumngal; 06-08-2009 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: to comply with the forum rules

Old 06-08-2009, 03:12 PM

for people looking for the truth.

Slow economy puts brakes on plan for Brunswick Forest movie theater | StarNewsOnline.com | Star News | Wilmington, NC

didn't the OP say that you could get a house for a bargain at $429,999? be thankful you didn't buy when he told you to, or you would have lost a lot of money. there is nothing over $300,000 in brunswick county. these houses are just sitting on the market, which is common for brunswick county. here, see for yourself.

Brunswick Forest Real Estate Listing Photos of Homes for Sale in Brunswick Forest North Carolina
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina