Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,954 times

Advertisements

Although Brunswick Forest is very nice and very well funded, doesnt mean that their homes are appraising for what they are selling for. They will tell you that they are appraising at the sale price but something is not right. Take a look at the brunswick county tax assessment, brunsco.net. Why in the world would someone pay 149,000 for a .25 lot when the county has it appraised for 80,000, not in this market, maybe 5 to 6 years ago this would happen. The problem with BF is that the land is way over priced and bought by the developers at the height of the market. If the appraiser is doing his job correctly he is looking outside of BF. If you only use comps in BF and do not go outside to similar neighborhoods like Waterford and Westport, it totally skews the numbers. All I can say is do your homework. You can go to Myrtle beach and get the same house in BF for 100,000 cheaper. Look at their resales, the prices continue to drop every few weeks. Sounds to me that there may be a bad appraiser in BF.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 6,954 times
The schools in Brunswick county are getting better. Town Creek is very good and Roger Bacon (Charter School) is excellent. Go to ReDir to see how Brunswick county schools are rated. BF goes to Town Creek, Waterford goes to Belville, both go to Leland Middle and both go to N. Brunswick High.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 PM

120 posts, read 249,996 times
Sorry, but we don't have any children in the school system down here, so I can't offer any comments.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,750 times
we are looking at Brunswick, Carolia colours and St. James coming from Philly sorry to see that many don't want newcomers but they probably were ones too at some point

Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM

JVTPA -
Don't put too much stock in the negative attitudes. They're a dime a dozen. I have been down here for about 15 months now, and I have never felt unwelcomed. Folks are very nice everywhere we go, both transplants and "locals".

Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 6,750 times
down from where? where in leland do u live we r in beginning stages of this will b down early April to look around

Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM

We are from MA. Now we live in Brunswick Forest.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM

12 posts, read 36,143 times
Default moving south

I'ma movin south....Coastal Carolina? It is nice. Would prefer Southern $$$ Calif But I may end up Way South, Maybe the Gulf. People make the difference.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 AM

3 posts, read 8,860 times
Wow! I was so excited to move into the area....you guys are killing me...it seems so nice and close to everything. I was looking for a place that reminds me of my hometown, Red Bank. Wilmington seems to be the place and Brunswick seemed to have the amenities I was looking for...Love to here more, also was looking at Compasse Point. Anyone know anything about that community? Good or bad? litttlelou

Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 AM

3 posts, read 8,860 times
Question curious

Does any one know if you can rent in Brunswick to see if you really like the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina