Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:46 PM

5 posts, read 8,777 times

Advertisements

No,no,no! Other than the beach there is nothing to do hear at all. Your kids will hate it and as others have said, they will leave and never come back. It is a fun place in the summer and that is it! Also, you will probably find that contrary to popular belief, the locals are actually a bunch of sour puss dickheads that hate on everybody that wasn't born here. They become very annoying. Getting drunk and hi is the most popular way of dealing with the winter. Also everyone is out to make a buck so you will learn that most of the people that you think are friendly are really just trying to work a deal. Do yourself a favor and visit here as often as you can and enjoy the beautiful beach but DO NOT MOVE HERE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 12:51 PM

51 posts, read 194,555 times
anyone live in the carova area?

Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crighi View Post
anyone live in the carova area?
Wow, that's as isolated an area as you will find on the OBX. I see only a few cottages, and I can't imagine making a living from there. I believe you cannot drive into Virginia from there, so you have drive south 11 miles to find even a convenience store.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:34 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Outer Banks Summer/vacationing is completely different from Outer Banks Winter/living there.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocococo10 View Post
No,no,no! Other than the beach there is nothing to do hear at all. Your kids will hate it and as others have said, they will leave and never come back. It is a fun place in the summer and that is it! Also, you will probably find that contrary to popular belief, the locals are actually a bunch of sour puss dickheads that hate on everybody that wasn't born here. They become very annoying. Getting drunk and hi is the most popular way of dealing with the winter. Also everyone is out to make a buck so you will learn that most of the people that you think are friendly are really just trying to work a deal. Do yourself a favor and visit here as often as you can and enjoy the beautiful beach but DO NOT MOVE HERE!
Wish I could rep this more than once!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
I grew up just over the bridge in Currituck County. You dont really want to live on the OBX.Winters can be tough. Prices are higher, in the summertime you will be paying tourist prices on most things. A lot in the above reply is true. Not from there, they can look down on you. Live close by and go as often as you like. I have been there, I have to say at least 50 to 75 times. I was always glad to be going home elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina