Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:05 PM

300 posts, read 474,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I don't have the patience to wade through the legal papers, but it newspaper includes this: "Bettis' argued that Fairfield Harbour is not one but two neighborhoods separated by Broad Creek Rd. Some people living in the neighborhood feel dues collected from the West side of the community were used in East side improvements. However, the judge ruled Fairfield Harbour as a unified community."

Since the two golf courses were east and west of Broad Creek Road, they may be relevant. However, as I understand the one operational golf course, Harbour Point, is independent and has no connection with the POA.

At any rate, I believe the people protesting the POA had no legal grounds for withholding their dues. If their fees went up 50%, that's just the cost of living in an aging community that needs maintenance. On the whole I am glad we decided against living in Fairfield Harbour.
It only takes one homeowner (s) to cause havoc. It sounds like a really sad situation.

Last edited by Mr. Purple 2; 10-23-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 06:34 AM

120 posts, read 233,634 times
Just for the record I was not involved in the two community case. Let me repeat, I, Pete Drez was not at any time a participant in this case, not associated with it in any way. There were probably 10 maybe 15 other property owners who did file this case.

So for those that claim one or two unhappy property owners in Fairfield Harbour, do your home work. Learn how many individual property owners have been in front of a judge for cases they filed against the POA and responding to actions brought by the POA. Here is a hint. One judge commented in open court that he had so many cases from Fairfield Harbour, he wondered if there was something in the water out here. I was a spectator in court that day and personally heard the comment. He also commented that Caracara Drive seemed to be especially active. In all fairness Caracara Drive is likely the longest road in the community.

So when the kool aid drinkers lead you to believe that we have a paradise in FFH, with a just one or two unhappy people, I suggest you develop your own opinion and not using only opinions from persons with a financial investment in the community.

What this community needs is people interested in fixing what is causing the wide variance in opinions, fixing the facts that are at the root of the friction, not attempting to suppress the facts. My attorney, Lee Bettis, has a saying that he often uses, "Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts" Too many vested property owners appear to not agree with this saying and feel free to publish and speak of facts that are anything but true.

Pete Drez

Old 06-21-2015, 12:30 PM

104 posts, read 148,412 times
Pete D.

RE: Drez VS. StayinObjective, The FH Controversy
It's the old Cool Hand Luke Syndrome at work. "What we have here is a failure to communicate".
Sometimes it's not what's in the package (the hard facts) that's obnoxious, but rather it's the material it is wrapped in, the packaging (packager?) itself. Regardless of the contents. sometimes the packaging can be so offensive and unattractive that we dismiss the contents as equally noxious--despite its factual veracity.
"Absolute Truth" is of course a Platonic construct and non-existant on this earth. As humans we see truths subjectively as they relate to ourselves and our particular situation.
Recall that although Paul Newman won the hard-boiled egg eating contest, he had a terrible bellyache later. FH, from my non-factual observations, still has great potential to be a fine spot to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina