Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,839 times

Advertisements

Hi, there!

We are a military family with two small children, ages 6 and 4. My husband will be commuting to New River (yes, know that will be 45 minutes to an hour) so we need to find a neighborhood to RENT in that is as North Wilmington as possible. Think that is the Ogden area? Can anyone tell me some neighborhoods that are nice with other families with children? We would like to have a community pool. We are looking to spend about $1750 per month.

Also, can anyone confirm if we should also be considering Porter's Neck?

Thanks so much! So had to plan when we are currently so far away in San Diego!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 PM

13,345 posts, read 26,840,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiCampo View Post
We are a military family with two small children, ages 6 and 4. My husband will be commuting to New River (yes, know that will be 45 minutes to an hour) so we need to find a neighborhood to RENT in that is as North Wilmington as possible. Think that is the Ogden area? Can anyone tell me some neighborhoods that are nice with other families with children? We would like to have a community pool. We are looking to spend about $1750 per month.
If you weren't looking to be close to North Wilmington, I would recommend Mimosa Bay in Sneads Ferry. We have a pool, and many military families with small kids. Several of my neighbors are looking to rent their homes. I suggest trying Militarybyowner website. We are close to the back gate of Camp Lejeune.

If you have to be in North Wilmington, then yes, Ogden is good. Ogden is not a separate town, it is just a neighborhood of Wilmington.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 AM

13,345 posts, read 26,840,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiCampo View Post
Also, can anyone confirm if we should also be considering Porter's Neck?
I distinguish between the the Porters Neck Road area which has some younger neighborhoods. The Porters Neck Plantation, OTOH, attracts older residents and does not provide very well for young children (according to previous comments on the board).

Old 03-06-2014, 02:53 PM

38 posts, read 74,876 times
Hey Porter's Neck is the northern most part of Wilmington along Hwy 17 to New River that will have family neighborhoods. What other features like beds/baths/square footage/pets ok/etc are you looking for? Rental prices are much cheaper in NC than in California so you might be able to find something suitable for less than 1700/mo. There are only 2 rental units in the $1500-$2000 range on the North side of Wilmington, although not all companies post rental properties on the Multiple Listing Service database we all share. There's one on Dove Field Dr. (Courtney Pines) which is a family neighborhood. My company manages that one, so I can get you more info if you want. The other one, Porter's Neck Plantation has a lot of retiree's there, and it's 1900/mo, but does include a community pool. There might be others on Craigslist or other 3rd party sites, I didn't check those, but there typically aren't many rental properties offered above $1500 in our area. Hopefully you can find something suitable for less and save some money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina