Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:16 PM

181 posts, read 240,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdiesel View Post
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
In almost 8 years here I've never seen one drunk college student. I'm not saying that they're not here but they must keep to themselves pretty well.

Good point, I haven't seen one drunk college student - there are usually packs of them wandering downtown.... What's worse, then they get in their cars to drive!

But - it is a one trick pony type town.... College or medical
That's two tricks

I kid, I kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 07:07 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,100,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsdiesel View Post
But - it is a one trick pony type town.... College or medical
Farming is pretty big in Pitt County. Retail is huge. Manufacturing is a growth industry here as is the pharma industry. Even legal is up and coming with a brand new Federal Courthouse, the US Marshall Service offices and the US Parole offices right in downtown Greenville.

It is true that ECU and medical make up a large part of the economic engine of Greenville and Pitt county, but there are other contributors to this engine that can't be so easily dismissed as being irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina