Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2006, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 45,984 times

Advertisements

hi,

We relocated to Wilmington in August. Still trying to adjust, would love to meet other transplants with kids, esp. from the West & Calif. And wondering how you are getting along here.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2006, 10:56 PM

116 posts, read 446,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjca4 View Post
hi,

We relocated to Wilmington in August. Still trying to adjust, would love to meet other transplants with kids, esp. from the West & Calif. And wondering how you are getting along here.Thanks
How are is your family adjusting?
~Duke101

Old 10-22-2006, 12:30 PM
mmb

10 posts, read 69,196 times
Hi former Californian- Would you please reply to me with your experience of the move? My family is thinking of moving to Cary, from southern California. How does the weather, humidity compare and what are the bugs like. We are from a town, north of L.A. How has it been for you? Thanks for your help--

Old 10-22-2006, 05:23 PM

127 posts, read 600,198 times
Default It's differen't than CA, but I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Hi former Californian- Would you please reply to me with your experience of the move? My family is thinking of moving to Cary, from southern California. How does the weather, humidity compare and what are the bugs like. We are from a town, north of L.A. How has it been for you? Thanks for your help--
Humidity is horrible. But I'd rather have humidity than have gang-bangers in the schools. You'll find the weather to be very strange compared to CA. In California it NEVER RAINS in the summer. Out here you'll have a hot sunny summer day, then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it'll start pouring rain. Raindrops the size of dinner plates. and then 20 minutes later it'll be all sunny again (but now even more humid). Never pay attention to the weather report, as it maight rain no matter what the weather man says. Good new is that electricity costs less here, so you can afford to run the air conditioner!

Don't worry about snow. It's ICE that's the problem. Ice storms make for big problems, especially if you live near trees.

Yes. We have bugs. If you don't like bugs, this may not be the place for you. I kinda like the bugs myself, except maybe the misquitoes. We have lot's of spiders at my place, but I leave them alone. In fact, I sometimes catch a bug or two and throw it in the web just to watch the spiders catch it. Bugs and spiders can be very entertaining. We have squirels, bunny rabbits, and all sorts of wildlife in our yard.

I used to like seeing deer all the time, until a few days ago when my wife ran into one and almost totaled the car ($6,500+ in damage).

Oh, and you will probably miss In-N-Out Burger and Fry's Electronics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina