Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:49 PM

7 posts, read 13,307 times

Advertisements

Looking to retire in the area hows the boating/fishing in that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 05:45 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,732,892 times
Not great. Water issues from Neuse,. Upstream water kind of stagnates in and around New Bern. Once you get past Oriental, the fishing improves dramatically.

Suggest strongly you do a thorough search on Fairfield Harbour. Strongly recommend.

Good Luck

Old 06-05-2014, 08:49 PM

7 posts, read 13,307 times
Thanks ill check it out .

Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 AM

120 posts, read 233,968 times
Suggest a read of the "New Bern -- Fairfield Harbour" thread for more info on Fairfield Harbour, the good and the not so good. Also suggest you focus on the verifiable facts presented in the thread, and read the opinions as just that, where everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether supported with verifiable facts or not.

Pete Drez

Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,406 times
Fairfield Harbour is a beautiful community, well managed and the amenities it offers are great. Golfing, waterfront properties, active, friendly community. Never saw any stagnant water in New Bern area. The city itself sits at the confluence of 2 rivers, the Neuse and the Trent. No area of water that doesn't move . Where ever you go, there will always be malcontents who will cut off their noses to spite their faces. Great place to live!!

Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 PM

183 posts, read 326,924 times
gondo i drove through the community and looked at homes.one side of the road they looked nice .the other side looked rundown and many homes in disrepair and empty.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:01 PM

The prior two posts demonstrate one of the problems with FFH. First you have the sales pitch of how all is wonderful in the community, followed by the feedback from a person with no vested interest in the community, that just recently personally viewed the community.

Gondo, you need to realize your opinion is definitely secondary to that of gjjb1953, since gjjb1953 is a potential customer for the community and you do not appear to be. Listen to your potential customers.

Pete Drez

Old 10-09-2014, 07:07 AM

It really is hard to buy a home in your community when you look how the property values have decreased.I know across the country all property values have decreased,in fact my girlfriend will have to do a short sale of her home,but it is difficult to buy in a community with so many unresolved issues and the uncertainty of these amenities being resolved.Would i rent a home there? yes but buying would be difficult

Old 10-09-2014, 09:10 AM

The root cause of FFH problems are the people who live here, all of us. Those that sought to profit off their neighbors started the ball rolling down hill. When others decided to fight the opportunist we all became a spectacle in numerous court cases, from criminal assault, to disorderly conduct, to threats, etc. There were civil cases all centered on the opportunist plan to spend additional dues on real estate for their preferred recreation. The community reputation declined rapidly and continues today. Home owners became more and more reluctant to spend money on an asset steadily decreasing in value. Many are upside down in their real estate and frozen in place.

So, here we sit today with neighbors that do not talk to each other, everyone having someone else to blame for the situation, and a Board that only knows how to spend ever increasing dues without any tangible accomplishments.

How does the community start to recover? I do not know, it may take a new generation of owners.

Pete Drez

Old 10-09-2014, 09:31 AM

Pete i really don't know any of you and im sorry to hear of all the problems.Some how though this community needs to have a concrete plan put in place on the advice of indepedent counsel and maybe homeowners association management company other then the one in place.I said in a previous post that was a homeowners association president for 2 years.It appears that part of the community is doing great but like i said when i drove to the other side of the community it looked like a different community.Go with the one golf course which is feasible ,fix the pool and clubhouse and maybe the other course can be turned into a natural area with a park and walking/running trails.It seems a shame not to use that much open area .Put a big pavillion with picnic tables and run electric to it so it could be used for community functions .But seeing how there is such a wide opinion of your community it appears that you all could never come together on a plan.Your all only hurting yourselves and your property values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina