Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 02:04 PM

932 posts, read 1,273,227 times

Advertisements

My turn! My Turn! hehehehe hope they dont come out too large - I dont have time to resize everything!

Ocracoke Island

Howards Pub on Ocracoke...mmmmm....crabcakes ( before I became allergic to shellfish!

more at: pippinpuppy/outer banks NC - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,728 times
Nice, thanks for posting. I haven't even visited the outer banks yet and I've been living here 2 1/2 years now. We had reservations to to up to Hatteras last fall and the plan was to return via Ocracoke but I had to cancel due to foot problems--I wanted to hike all over Kill Devil Hills such and could barely walk then.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 AM

422 posts, read 1,362,243 times
Thank you for the wondeful pics... I vacationed on Ocracoke this past summer and completely fell in love with it and am looking forward to my week there this summer. Your pics remind me of all that I love down there.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:26 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,227 times
We usually go once a year- this past year was the first year in a couple of years though, and we hadnt realized how much we had missed it! Originally we were just going for a long weekend, and it turned into a little over a week! The vet wasn't very happy, as we kept extending our dog's boarding, but he got over it! lol

Old 01-06-2008, 05:27 PM

261 posts, read 1,216,686 times
Default What Lovely photos of Ocracoke!

Those are great pictures. My husband and I did the lighthouse tour this past July. We stayed in Corolla which is not as touristy as Hatteras,Kitty Hawk and Kill Devil. The wild horse tour was the highlight of our trip! The Currituck Lighthouse is awesome, as is the tour of the old mansion there near the lighthouse.

The Hatteras Lighthouse is fantastic. Climbing to the top is not for the out-of-shape (just ask this member of that crowd), but is quite breathtaking (no pun intended) when you get to the top.

Bode Island Lighthouse is okay, don't miss it. The Ocracoke lighthouse isn't magnificent, just interesting. Ocracoke itself is quite fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina