Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 07:35 AM

16 posts, read 16,340 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a pair of tall womens dress boots that need the zipper replaced on one. Can anyone suggest a cobbler / shoe repair place that replaces zippers? I've called all around Wilmington and none of the shops replace zippers. I'm willing to drive to drop these off for repair - doesn't have to be local.

Someone help me save my favorite boots!

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 AM

805 posts, read 2,004,592 times
Default Shoe repair

Looked all over the area for the same thing when we got down here a few years ago from NJ, needed a zipper fixed on luggage and leather strap repair on some Birkenstock sandals.... nothing to be found in Wilmington that I could see.... the only place I have found is Danny's Shoe Repair on Midway Road in Bolivia just about 20 minutes West of Leland.... 1779 Midway Road Southeast Bolivia, NC 28422
(910) 253-4298 .... nicest guy in the world ( actually a father and son ) , old fashioned cobblers machinery set-up, repairs shoes, luggage, leather, zippers, etc, fixes anything and an excellent job and reasonable too, he's been there for over 20 years, little workshop just behind his house..... also originally from NJ.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:07 AM

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I have no problem driving to Bolivia. Great excuse to explore the area a little more. I moved down here from Vermont last year and love the chance to check out someplace new.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 AM

When you go down Midway Road don't forget to stop at Greenlands Farms Greenlands FarmGreenlands Farm Store just down the road from Danny's , they have all kinds of homemade goodies, phenominal baked goods, preserves, home made ice cream, sandwiches, etc... a nice couple from Michigan realizing their dream...

Old 02-11-2015, 09:44 AM

300 posts, read 475,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
When you go down Midway Road don't forget to stop at Greenlands Farms Greenlands FarmGreenlands Farm Store just down the road from Danny's , they have all kinds of homemade goodies, phenominal baked goods, preserves, home made ice cream, sandwiches, etc... a nice couple from Michigan realizing their dream...

Thanks for the review. We have found a great bakery in Shallotte called Sugar Confections.

Sugar Confections.Com

Old 02-11-2015, 11:58 AM

Sugar Confections is nice.... but Welcome to Apple Annie's Bakeshop - Apple Annies is worth the ride.... they are also from NJ.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:06 PM

Love all the suggestions. There are so many great places to discover it's hard to find them when you're new to the area. This is great! Fixed boots and great treats too.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina