Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 04:12 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,645,140 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon,

Our daughter who is almost 23 is wanting to stay permanent in the Outer Banks. She's down there now applying for work and staying with friends-couch surfing so to speak. She hasn't had much luck finding a studio/1 bedroom apartment. She has about 7 months of living expenses saved up to get into a place. Anyone know of a decent place for someone? We've been checking Craigslist and that's been iffy-most aren't even emailing her back. Ideal place for her would be a nice quiet area, not into the party scene. She's wary of room mates as she's recovering and doesn't want to deal with others issues/drama with partying/drugging. She trying to start her life right and has this second chance to do so. So if you know of a good place to check out, please fire away. She'd like to move in by April 1st.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 10:28 AM

183 posts, read 326,839 times
Did you look on craigslist under rooms to share or apartments on the outer banks?You may have luck on there .Your getting into more of the seasonal rentals now though which could make it more difficult.I would go to a realtor like Joe Lamb and they may be able to steer her in the right direction.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:10 PM

79 posts, read 318,468 times
There's a Facebook page titled OBX Rooms/Homes For RENT.Aside from Craigslist,this would be your best bet.Finding monthly rentals is tough and getting worse every year.Good luck!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:31 AM

5 posts, read 7,532 times
I've had good luck with hotpads.com in other States...might be something that would work for her, too! Best of luck to her and her recovery <3

Old 03-22-2015, 06:49 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions! We found one! She'll be heading down there Wednesday to start her new life! We are excited for her!

Now just to figure out in NC where we are going to after August of 2016! My family is native to NC-I'll finally get to join them!

Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,381,322 times
It might be helpful to current and future users of the site to disclose where/how you found a place? Care to disclose the cost?

Old 03-22-2015, 11:52 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
It might be helpful to current and future users of the site to disclose where/how you found a place? Care to disclose the cost?
I give that a huge SECOND! I am already doing my homework looking for places for when my son is finished with college.
I am also looking for a possible local place for us until that, depending on the return of the mold samples I sent off to a lab at the start of March. We may have to make a sudden move and get an attorney for those.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
I give that a huge SECOND! I am already doing my homework looking for places for when my son is finished with college.
I am also looking for a possible local place for us until that, depending on the return of the mold samples I sent off to a lab at the start of March. We may have to make a sudden move and get an attorney for those.
It was actually through a friend she knows. It seems that's the only way-Craigslist I talked to some "very" interesting people. And I refuse to do a Paypal to pay anyone sight unseen. I had two of those. Just too fishy. Word of mouth seems the best way to get a place. I wish I had more to help you with. It was just as frustrating to find a place she could afford-it's going to be $675 month for a one bedroom-not including water every 3 months. She also has to pay for cable/internet.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:02 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,537,164 times
Try Manteo. It is just across the bridge.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:27 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Im from just over the bridge in Currituck County. Living on the OBX full time can be expensive. It is a resort. But small apts. can be found. Jobs are few and far between. Living down there can get old. Winters can be brutal, and summer traffic is a huge problem. But a fun place to be.
There is a site, OBXconnection.com, just about anything you want to know about the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina