Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,523 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I've browsed through some of these forums before. I'm trying to figure out WHICH small coastal town we should relocate to. I absolutely LOVE the OBX, and my in-laws have a beach trailer there that wee visit often, but with the seasonal job market, I don't think that would be realistic to relocate to.

I'm considering pretty much any of the coastal towns. I'd like it to be close to, or on, a beach. Good job market is a must (my husband and I both work in the mental health field, but would be flexible as long as it was a stable job). I'd like a charming little laid back town that functions all year round. I know some of the OBX closes down during the off season, so I'd want somewhere that most things stay open all year long.

Some of my top choices right now are: Beaufort, Southport, Wrightsville Beach, Morehead City, Emerald Isle...

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 10:19 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Wherever you can find a job...

Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiewellsphoto View Post
I'd like it to be close to, or on, a beach. Good job market is a must (my husband and I both work in the mental health field, but would be flexible as long as it was a stable job).
If one or both of you could both find jobs at the Brynn Marr Hospital in Jacksonville, you could also consider Swansboro and Sneads Ferry. Also in Jacksonville, look into jobs with the federal government or contractors serving the military veteran population. Lots of vets with mental health issues.

Old 05-21-2016, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 2,740 times
Wilmington area including Wrightsville Beach,Carolina beach And Kure beach are all great beaches as far as work yes there are a lot of medical and mental health jobs available in Wilmington!

Old 05-21-2016, 12:48 PM

181 posts, read 240,973 times
Wilmington Area, Crystal Coast, New Bern is a fantastic place to live as well with a decent sized health care job market
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina