Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2015, 05:04 PM

37 posts, read 85,663 times

Advertisements

We will be visiting New Bern soon with thoughts of moving there in the near future. We are mid-60's and in the midst of downsizing and will be selling our house here. We have looked (on internet) at Woodland Crossing and another apartment complex, I think it's Glenburnie, but hope to meet with a realtor to look at houses for rent as well. (Not interested in owning another house!) In addition to New Bern proper can anyone recommend areas near New Bern that might be worth a look at for house rentals -- and can one find a nice house for rent (say 3BR, 2 BA) for around $1000/month?

Thanks, in advance, for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 07:14 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Wondering View Post
In addition to New Bern proper can anyone recommend areas near New Bern that might be worth a look at for house rentals -- and can one find a nice house for rent (say 3BR, 2 BA) for around $1000/month?
Trent Woods and River Bend are worth looking at, but I don't know what the available rentals cost. Possibly Havelock, but I am not sure how much noise you would get from aircraft at Cherry Point. There arslo seem to be plenty of houses for rent within New Bern in your price range.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,379,700 times
You're planning on renting for possibly the next 20 to 25 years? How will you afford that?

Old 05-05-2015, 07:00 AM

Mostly, we will finance it with profits from selling our house here, and if/when that runs out, savings. This is just our initial plan for now. Things could change once we get there and get settled in.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 AM

183 posts, read 326,769 times
I just moved to Fairfield Harbour .I looked at Riverbend as well.Both are very nice areas .I chose not to live within New Bern city limits because the cost of electricity is outrageous there.They will be getting a decrease by the end of the year due to the governor signing a bill that allows that.You may want to research all of that before deciding.Good luck.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
The historic Riverside neighborhood of New Bern has a lot of houses, many smaller ones for rent. Many homeowners are hesitant to sell, since there is a fairly good upside to the area, so there are an abundance of rentals.

Old 05-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Thanks so much for the info. Very excited about visiting NB next week. Will look at two apartment complexes and then meet with a realtor to get to know area and possibly look at some rental homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina