Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 05:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

I don't shop at either so no big deal. I would like to see a Sam's club or even better, a Costco and more restaurants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 1,946 times
As background, I am a 27 year old man, with a registered disability-- I was paraplegic for two years due to a spinal tumor. My fiancée and I have been renting a house on Trent Rd. My wife is a registered childcare provider, and, I work for Delta Airlines. We will be displaced by this development. We really enjoy the home we have, and, our landlord's kind pet-policy-- finding a place to rent, which accepts our four (albeit, well behaved) dogs, is near impossible. We have been notified that, once the development goes through, we will be given 30 days notice to find a new place. I have been searching for a place, to rent, on my budget -- one which would cater to our combined needs; however, I have been coming up empty handed. If we cannot find a place to rent, in time, I fear my family will have to reluctantly leave our home town-- New Bern.

If anyone here has a lead on rental properties, or options, please feel free to send me a message.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:58 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I'm not sure how much this will be seen in a thread about Harris Teeter and Hobby Lobby.....

Old 04-30-2016, 02:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,946 times
Well, considering that they're tearing my house down to build said Hobby Lobby-- it is suitable. The city rezoned a section of single family homes in order to push this development through. Many individuals have been in these homes for years. Feels as if we're just being cast aside.

Old 04-30-2016, 02:44 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcostello View Post
Well, considering that they're tearing my house down to build said Hobby Lobby-- it is suitable. The city rezoned a section of single family homes in order to push this development through. Many individuals have been in these homes for years. Feels as if we're just being cast aside.
You are, but by your landlord, not by zoning and/or Hobby Lobby. Your landlord will make out just fine. Home ownership isn't possible for everyone, but when you rent, you're at definite disadvantages, this being one of them.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:18 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcostello View Post
Welcome to America. Corporations and their politicians rule all. If they can't buy your vote, they don't give a hoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina