Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 09:12 AM

605 posts, read 1,262,071 times

Advertisements

How are our friends in Brunswick County holding up with the weather? I see Charleston is hammered - but we are concerned about our SJP and ORP friends, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 09:40 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,393,099 times
In Southport, yesterday was actually a decent day for the most part, even some peeks of sun. There was some rain last night, and its pouring right now, as is has been off and on this morning. Looks like we're going to get fairly heavy rain for most of the day. The ground is saturated, so we could see some localized flooding if the rain continues.

Last edited by carolinadawg2; 10-04-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 10-04-2015, 09:56 AM

805 posts, read 2,006,859 times
Just got back from a tour around St James Plantation..... as usual there are really no impassable streets, a few have 6+- inches in areas but drove through easily, unlike 25+ miles south in the Shallotte and Calabash areas which unfortunately get hammered and flooded out with some mandatory evacuations we never seem to have any flooding in here... as the news shows we have and are still having some of the heaviest rains in years and no flooding at all that I can see just like in the last few big storms/hurricanes.... just an FYI / answer.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:14 AM

301 posts, read 478,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Just got back from a tour around St James Plantation..... as usual there are really no impassable streets, a few have 6+- inches in areas but drove through easily, unlike 25+ miles south in the Shallotte and Calabash areas which unfortunately get hammered and flooded out with some mandatory evacuations we never seem to have any flooding in here... as the news shows we have and are still having some of the heaviest rains in years and no flooding at all that I can see just like in the last few big storms/hurricanes.... just an FYI / answer.
Wow, sorry about the street flooding in SJP. I just drove down 211 and over the Midway Bridge and SJP it almost looks like SP is turning into an island with all the standing water on the property borders. It was low tide when I was going by, so be careful. Has the problem been dealt with the area of SJP where property owners that have been trapped by the high water and bridge closing in the past?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:22 AM

There is serious flooding in Carolina Shores and Brunswick Plantation and apparently SJP is having problems per a previous post. There is a video of the flooding in BP on most of the local TV sites. The real problems seem to at the southern end of the county in the Calabash area. I haven't heard or seen of any problems in Shallotte.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:41 AM

805 posts, read 2,006,859 times
I don't remember seeing any flooding in St James or any reporting of flooding in St James or any impassable roads in St James.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:41 AM

8,392 posts, read 4,387,081 times
Just wet

Old 10-04-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
I don't remember seeing any flooding in St James or any reporting of flooding in St James or any impassable roads in St James.
I thought I read that you typed that some roads had 6 inches of water, I would call that a flooding problem.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 AM

8,392 posts, read 4,387,081 times
A walk around Polly Gully and marina this AM was pretty normal with obvious standing water in low spots. The tide was going out.

Just got a weather alert for flooding in Oak Island, Snows Cut etc ..... heavy rain falling at the moment ... wind gusts ..... more standing water around the house than I've seen in the past 3 days. Doesn't look like its going to stop any time soon.

This heavy rain and a high tide soon could present problems.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 PM

383 posts, read 892,927 times
ditchoc,

Is Polly Gully impacted or part of the intercostal waterway? Is the concern that high tide will impact the marina and Polly Gully? I appreciate the weather updates. Looks like the rain will diminish for a while soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina