Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 01:08 PM

176 posts, read 238,984 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for lawn maintenance service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 05:22 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkjewel View Post
Any recommendations for lawn maintenance service?
Here's some recs from Nextdoor:

Mike Scheffler with Bananas Lawn Care has numerous customers in SJP. Give him a call at 910-279-2787 or email yardman29@hotmail.com.

Shannon Williams with Coastal Curb Appeal
910-712-4444
He provides excellent service at great prices.

Magic Touch! Victoria Vannello has worked her magic once again. All bushes are trimmed. Weeds are removed. All beds are raked. New bulbs are planted. Everything looks fresh and ready for fall. If you need a gardener/landscaper we recommend vvannello@gmail.com or 910-813-7984. Great attention to detail. She will complete the job to your satisfaction.

Jim’s Landscaping
Our lawn was dead and dying. Jim came over and discussed the various causes. We had grubs and a sprinkler system that didn’t cover all areas. We opted to install new sod in a large area. Jim’s price was fair. The installation went smooth and he is even monitoring the finished job while we are away. We couldn’t ask for more. Best landscaper we ever used. 910-477-9077

Old 01-02-2020, 06:23 PM

176 posts, read 238,984 times
thanks so much, Edward!

Old 01-10-2020, 02:13 PM

7 posts, read 9,559 times
I just started a thread for the first time and now see I probably should have just asked my question here...

What are the rules for Pet Fencing around your property in St. James Plantation? I read the covenants and restrictions but it only says, "regular and electronic fencing must be 3 feet inside your property line". I don't do "electronic" so I want to know if their is a height restriction, style restriction, what materials are allowed, etc.

There are all types of fencing materials and designs used, ugly, beautiful, wood, stucco, wrought iron, aluminum, see-through, solid, etc. There must be specifics for pet fencing...otherwise, someone could "build a wall" with barb wire on top and run twinkle lights all over it.

Also, I'm only interested in the Pools and the Restaurants...what is the fee for those? Is it an annual fee or a one-time fee? No golf or boating but social clubs and activities would be nice.

Last edited by LaraNC; 01-10-2020 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-11-2020, 09:39 AM

1,013 posts, read 724,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraNC View Post
I just started a thread for the first time and now see I probably should have just asked my question here...

What are the rules for Pet Fencing around your property in St. James Plantation? I read the covenants and restrictions but it only says, "regular and electronic fencing must be 3 feet inside your property line". I don't do "electronic" so I want to know if their is a height restriction, style restriction, what materials are allowed, etc.

There are all types of fencing materials and designs used, ugly, beautiful, wood, stucco, wrought iron, aluminum, see-through, solid, etc. There must be specifics for pet fencing...otherwise, someone could "build a wall" with barb wire on top and run twinkle lights all over it.

Also, I'm only interested in the Pools and the Restaurants...what is the fee for those? Is it an annual fee or a one-time fee? No golf or boating but social clubs and activities would be nice.
There are dozens of social clubs and activities that don’t require membership. Using the pools and restaurants in SJ will require an annual membership with an initiation fee unless it’s paid by your builder. There will also be monthly dues and a dining minimum, common at a lot of country clubs.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,882 times
Default Questions to ask builders

We are meeting with builders in a few weeks. Any suggestions on what questions we should ask would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgryder View Post
We are meeting with builders in a few weeks. Any suggestions on what questions we should ask would be appreciated. Thanks.
https://www.newhomesource.com/learn/...-your-builder/
https://www.familyhandyman.com/smart...lding-a-house/
https://blog.travisso.com/9-question...SAAEgLRY_D_BwE
https://www.energyvanguard.com/blog/...e-home-builder

Old 02-09-2020, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,882 times
Thanks so much Edward!

Old 02-12-2020, 10:16 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Huge supply of 2-3 year old resale homes for sale. Big discounts

Old 02-12-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Huge supply of 2-3 year old resale homes for sale. Big discounts
Sounds like a very unhealthy market. I'd be very leery of investing in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina