Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:23 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Ocean Isle Shopping Center is a retail center planned for the southeast corner of Beach Drive Southwest and Causeway Drive in the Town of Ocean Isle Beach in Brunswick County, North Carolina. It would be anchored by a supermarket with a pharmacy drive thru.

Publix
Publix has been speculated to open a store in the general area in Ocean Isle Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 01:33 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,471 times
what about the shopping center at the corner of 904 and old Georgetown road??? Perfect spot for new development too...

Old 04-14-2016, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
what about the shopping center at the corner of 904 and old Georgetown road??? Perfect spot for new development too...
I do not know much about Sunset Commons in Sunset Beach, previously anchored by Piggly Wiggly and Lowe's Foods. I will save that for another discussion.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:54 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,471 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I do not know much about Sunset Commons in Sunset Beach, previously anchored by Piggly Wiggly and Lowe's Foods. I will save that for another discussion.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 PM

I read somewhere Publix and Ocean Isle Shopping Center are projected to be open by 2018. I can see several Publix stores opening in late 2017 and 2018 if time is needed to open a distribution somewhere.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:05 AM

5 posts, read 15,081 times
Quote:
Except Piggly Wiggly is going the way of Big Star, merger with Harris Teeter. They do have enough power to get the name changed so good for them.
The new name will be Big Wiggly Teeters...

And yes it's a joke. There is no merger AFAIK.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:51 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,379,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
Except Piggly Wiggly is going the way of Big Star, merger with Harris Teeter. They do have enough power to get the name changed so good for them.

And its an OLD one.

PS: you might want to consider a different font color than "lemon chiffon".

Old 08-09-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelypure View Post

Piggly Wiggly is still around through independent owner/operators. Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company, common throughout coastal South Carolina, imploded.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
And its an OLD one.

PS: you might want to consider a different font color than "lemon chiffon".
Except I happen to like lemon chiffon.
  1. Soften gelatin in water 5 minutes.
  2. Beat yolks and add 1/2 cup of the sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook in the top of a double boiler, stirring constantly, until of custard consistency. Add grated lemon zest and softened gelatin and stir thoroughly. Cool.
  3. When mixture begins to get thick, In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until stiff, adding remaining 1/2 cup sugar while whipping. Fold egg whites into custard.
  4. Pour filling into pie shell and chill in refrigerator. Serve when firm. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream if desired.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
I read somewhere Publix and Ocean Isle Shopping Center are projected to be open by 2018. I can see several Publix stores opening in late 2017 and 2018 if time is needed to open a distribution somewhere.
There's a new sign up just before the BB&T about a shopping center. According to someone who knows someone who is married to someone that works for the tax dept. it's a done deal. Publix is coming to OIB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina