Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 733 times

Advertisements

HI guys.. I am new to this site. My family and I have been wanting to relocate for some time now. Miami is amazing for the beaches and so forth but it is so overly crowded and life is so fast here. We want a new air, new change. As a young person (or younger I may say) I was a huge fan of One Tree Hill (the tv series) in which I learned about Wilmington and began to research. We have visited there twice. I truly love it. I know (from what I have researched) that it is crowded and becoming if not already overly pricey and has plenty of traffic. (correct me if I am wrong) Miami traffic is HELL! I truly believe all stupid drivers live here. Anyhow back to my point. Can anyone give me suggestions on the following:

1. good family areas to live in near Wilmington. (we are from Miami where the beach is about 20 minutes away so I do not want to move somewhere where the beaches will be hours away)

2. good schools... I have a child in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school.

3. amazing dance studios where they have a competition team. I have my 10 year old daughter who competes here in her competition team and she is amazing and wants to have a future in dance therefore I need to find somewhere good for her.

4. jobs.... I am a licensed property manager. I have to look into checking out how can I go about my license over there but if anyone has any insights that would be good. My husband has his own company for construction. He does all new and remodel construction. Commercial or residential. Here he has great contracts with hotels. Ritz Carlton, Marriott (several of them), Hotel 1, Intercontinental etc... he would like to kind of start a new business there but we would need ideas on what an be a good business.

My idea is to rent for about a year and see how it goes for us. Praying we will do amazing and be able to then purchase a home.

so anyone would like to help with suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: