Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,847,629 times

Advertisements

indochine is really good and the atmosphere is great. go on a nice night and eat outside in the back. it's cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 PM

83 posts, read 367,620 times
Somethin Fishy on South College is great. I always ask for the extra grease and they reply with a smiling face...don't worry we always include that.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:36 PM

122 posts, read 482,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
There's a cheesecake House on Gordon Road that you'll absolutely love(I never have been that crazy about cheesecake,but I sure do enjoy theirs) and there's a P.F. Changs opening soon in Myrtle Beach at Market Commons.
It's called Chee-ze Pleaz-ze Cheesecake, and it's very good!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster07 View Post
I hear ya! Not big on Cheesecake Factory but LOVE some PF Chang's I'd even be happy if they opened at PeiWei (smaller PF Changs). I think one would do great business over in Mayfaire! So, hopefully, someone will read this and open one up

My favorite restaurants are Portland Grill, Bridge Tender, Marc's on Market, Circa 1922, Deluxe, and South Beach Grill (crab nachos). The Banyan Cafe off Market (restaurant inside the Ramada) is unbelievably good for Asian food. J Michaels for cheesesteaks, Tower Seven for Fish Tacos, Artisan's for great gourmet sandwiches. Used to love Riverboat Landing (quiche) but I have not eaten there since they changed it.
[Roy's] Riverboat Landing is now called Union (the new owner's tell me it's the original name from when the place first opened back in the early '20s). I ate there for the first time since it changed hands last month and was very impressed. They put a lot of money into remodeling the bar area (everthing else looks the same), it's completely non-smoking, and the (more) reasonably priced menu is back. Looks like they have all new staff working there, but the service was great, as always.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodnificent View Post
Hello everyone,

Just want some input on one of my favorite subjects: FOOD. I moved here(Wilmington) about 6 months ago from raleigh for a job. After a month of adjusting, I really like it here. The only problem I have is there are NO Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs within 2 hrs of here. Im not complaining because i've found some nice restuarants here but every once inna while I get a craving and have to drive to the triangle to cure the craving. What are you guys or ladies favorite restuarant. U guys have the floor now. Thanks
Having lived in both Raleigh/Cary and Wilmington for many years, I can tell say that there are many more privately-owned restaurants here in Wilm. Raleigh is very homogenous and has just about every chain restaurant you can think of, but part of the charm of Wilm is finding those family-owned hidden gems that only the locals can recommend.

As a side note: you should have lived here last year when Wilmington got it's very own Olive Garden on Market St. The line of people waiting for a table was (and still is sometimes) wrapped around the building with an hour+ wait. It took years and years of letters and emails sent from area residents to the parent company to build one here. It will probably take the same effort to get a PF Changs.

One of my local favorites is Something Fishy on S. College Rd. It's a "fish camp", similar to Ocean Stars up in Apex. One of the cheap chain restaurants that I miss from Cary/Morrisville is Remington Grill....good burgers and ribs.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:02 PM

698 posts, read 3,266,651 times
The cheesecake place I mentioned is called "The Cheesecake House".I haven't seen or heard of chee-ze...pleaz-ze.However,neither one of them is what the person who wanted a "Cheesecake Factory"was talking about."The Cheesecake Factory" is a big restaurant with a huge,varied lunch/dinner menu in addition to cheesecake.We have been to it in Florida and Jersey.It is VERY good,but the portions are way too big.We might see one someday in Mayfaire or the other upscaled place they're building called "Autumn Hall." If not here,they might get one in Myrtle Beach at Market Commons where P F Changs is.????????????? Time will tell.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
The cheesecake place I mentioned is called "The Cheesecake House".I haven't seen or heard of chee-ze...pleaz-ze.However,neither one of them is what the person who wanted a "Cheesecake Factory"was talking about."The Cheesecake Factory" is a big restaurant with a huge,varied lunch/dinner menu in addition to cheesecake.We have been to it in Florida and Jersey.It is VERY good,but the portions are way too big.We might see one someday in Mayfaire or the other upscaled place they're building called "Autumn Hall." If not here,they might get one in Myrtle Beach at Market Commons where P F Changs is.????????????? Time will tell.
We are both correct. The full name of the restaurant is called "Chee-ze Pleaz-ze Cheesecake House" on Gordon Road. Here is the link:

Chee-Ze Pleaz-Ze Cheesecake House

I have eaten at the Cheesecake Factory at the The Streets at Southpoint in Durham and indeed it is great. Unfortunately, there is nothing like that here in Wilm. Since there are only 3 Cheesecake Factory locations in all of N.C., I don't see it coming anytime soon to Mayfaire, which is a much, much smaller version of Streets @ Southpoint. But it would be a welcome addition, for sure.

Cheesecake Factory Locations

Old 03-24-2008, 08:14 PM

20 posts, read 84,747 times
I thought I read there was a Ruth Chris downtown in the Hilton hotel, but was there recently and didn't see it??

Old 03-24-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Upstate View Post
I thought I read there was a Ruth Chris downtown in the Hilton hotel, but was there recently and didn't see it??
No, sorry, not in Wilmington. The only Ruth's Chris in N.C. is Cary, Greensboro and Charlotte. I ate at the one in Cary and it was a very nice experience.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:05 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,847,629 times
I think that they are building a ruth's chris in wilmington. I have read on a few local sites that they are hiring. not really sure what is going on with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina