Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 03:25 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebamato View Post
Agree with the area getting built up.
Should look in to Summerwoods in Bolivia. sits off of 17 south about 30 min.south of Wilmington.
All amenities are in a total of 160 homes are to be built.
9 min. to oak island beach , 6 min to lowes foods, pizza/itaiian restaurant, chinese take out.
HOA $50.00/month homes from $260,s
You must drive really, really fast, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 01:54 PM

140 posts, read 316,982 times
It takes me 6 minutes to get to the beach and I live on Oak Island.

Ron W.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 7,078 times
Interesting comments on CP. We have visited once and just went to the Ideal Living show his past weekend. Both times I have found the sales people not "very friendly". We have an agent - our choice - we don't live there and need a candid opinion, and when they hear that they immediately freeze up and don't offer much more to talk about. Two strikes - one more to go. BF was a LOT friendlier and we never had that happen to us. Sales people are your first "face" of a community. Disappointed.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:17 PM

25 posts, read 89,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaarf7 View Post
Interesting comments on CP. We have visited once and just went to the Ideal Living show his past weekend. Both times I have found the sales people not "very friendly". We have an agent - our choice - we don't live there and need a candid opinion, and when they hear that they immediately freeze up and don't offer much more to talk about. Two strikes - one more to go. BF was a LOT friendlier and we never had that happen to us. Sales people are your first "face" of a community. Disappointed.
Funny how people have different experiences. We had out own RE agent, we visited multiple communities, and the Compass Pointe Wave was a running joke before we went there about how friendly they were. We went and spent a day at BF and we saw many people, we even had a few people stop our guide and have a long conversation with him, went through the gym, not a single person acknowledged us or said hi or seemed interested in being friendly. Went to CP, only concerns is were they all Stepford wives or something, everyone was friendly everyone said hello or waived, we don't want to move for 5 years but bought land anyways because the vibe was so good.
We went back a year later to visit and use some amenities and, honestly, probably made 4-5 friends by being there a few hours each day on the weekend, from people letting us tour their homes, to hanging out by the pool etc...our future neighbor said he lived there a year+ and knew nobody when he moved down and now can have 20+ people over for a hangout no problem.
Like anyplace you live there will be complainers and jerks, how many people can you really get to know? Overall CP was extremely friendly to us.
One thing with BF is it is supposed to be 5 times bigger than CP, so more people to meet, better odds at connecting with a few couples/other people just by shear numbers but also the baggage that comes with a 10,000 home development vs. 2,000.

Our CP sales person was fine, no issues but they don't all live there, and like I said, there are 2,000 homes going to be built there, will be a big mixture of personalities like anywhere but CP people seem to embrace the Compass wave and the friendly attitude so hopefully, for us, that permeates to that type of person buying here.

Good luck, BF had it's pluses, CP had more for us, hope you make the best choice for you and enjoy the community you choose.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,221 times
We have visited Compass Pointe twice now but in the Fall and Winter. I am now hearing that the humidity is unbearable in summer months. Other than being in the pool, do people actually do activities outside during the day? Also any reports of snakes getting in the houses? Otherwise, that place looks great. We are in Maryland now.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:29 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSunMDnurse View Post
We have visited Compass Pointe twice now but in the Fall and Winter. I am now hearing that the humidity is unbearable in summer months. Other than being in the pool, do people actually do activities outside during the day? Also any reports of snakes getting in the houses? Otherwise, that place looks great. We are in Maryland now.
Well, the humidity at Compass Point isn't going to be any different than the humidity in Wilmington, or in Brunswick Forest, or in Southport, or any other place in southeastern NC. That said, it is very hot and humid in southeastern NC in the summer, as it is in most of the southeastern US. Is it unbearable? Depends on what one can bear. One adapts and gets somewhat used to it. Most people don't go for a run or cut their grass during the middle of day, but do it very early or late in the day. You still do things, just not as fast or not when the heat is the highest.

I've lived in NC for almost 60 years and I've never seen a snake in my house.

Old 06-08-2020, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,584 times
I purchase in Compass Pointe a few years ago and plan to build in the next year or so... what has happened to the fees? where are they today? I know HOA is $95 mo... but what about landscaping, water, etc... what are you approx paying now on a monthly basis... thanks

Old 06-19-2020, 08:07 AM

25 posts, read 89,518 times
If you own land you should join the HOA message board, info is updated there all the time and Kuester has all the documents. If you own land you should be paying $110 a month not $95. So if you are paying $95 then keep quiet LOL. I'd ask on other fees on the HOA board as it varies a bit, e.g. landscaping is a monthly fee in the town homes but no monthly fee and you take care yourself in the home lots etc..

Old 08-01-2020, 08:56 AM

4 posts, read 26,565 times
Default Marinas in Wilmington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic11 View Post
Don’t want to hijack the thread but realistically, how far from CP to a marina, boat ramp, or inshore waters for boating? And also, a beach?

About 1/2 hour to a marina in Wilmington. There are also marinas a bit farther, in Southport and Oak Island

Old 12-13-2020, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,074 times
Default Compass Point is nice

Hello, I took the tour of Compass Point and Brunswick Forrest. I liked golf, clubhouses, neighborhoods and layout of both communities. Brunswick has natural gas in some neighborhoods but is closer to the water which I'm trying to avoid. We ate at the local restaurant at both and found the residents we met at Compass Point were friendlier. We also had a rude golfer behind us at Brunswick Forrest who was a member. He was trying to push us faster into the holdup of four foursomes in front of us. We were a twosome and offered to let them play through but they declined. They seemed happier annoying us and hitting drives into us as we waited in the fairway to hit. They sat next to us in the clubhouse and never said a word. Kind of interesting. Like the course though. I'm a 13 handicap and it was challenging. I'm looking for a lot in Compass Point now. Hopefully find one facing south west if anyone knows of one. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina