Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 06:38 PM

3 posts, read 6,418 times

Advertisements

Hi. I have lived in Western and Central NC for many years...however; when I'm able to take my family out for a beach getaway, we have typically gone to a resort in Myrtle Beach, SC and we typically go during the off-season. We're thinking about going out in June and want to explore some of the NC coast that we have not yet visited. I'm looking for something that has amenities that might enable both my son and my mom to be able to enjoy the beach. We don't have to have a lot of activities around and if we can find a place that would be relatively less crowded in June, that would be even better.

What we do need is easy beach access...my mom sometimes has mobility issues due to health problems and the place we would have typically gone (all booked up and crowded at this time) had golf carts that could be used to get to the beach from the resort area. My son simply likes the golf carts as well and likes how close the resort area is to the beach. My son likes arcades and aquariums, but says he mainly just wants to go to a place that has golf carts that is close to the beach.

Does anyone happen to know of any places that might be close to what we are looking for? We have never been to the Atlantic Beach area, but there are also other areas of the NC coast that we want to see as well...so, we are not set on that area. Thanks, in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 09:52 PM

354 posts, read 622,680 times
Pretty much all of the beaches along the coast offer something to see and do, However, if you wanna be near a city that's not far from the beach then I would suggest Wilmington. Wilmington has 3 beaches, a water park, and an aquarium. Hope this helps.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:31 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,704,037 times
Most all NC beaches have dedicated public beach accesses, some with parking, some without.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:35 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,301,014 times
Try Carolina Beach. It has a small boardwalk, a small amusement park, an aquarium nearby and has lots of hotels and houses for rent right on the beach with direct access.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina