U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 06:39 PM

8 posts, read 9,434 times

Advertisements

Moving to Calabash NC from the West. We visited there and would like a community, does anyone have information on Saltaire Village, The Village of Calabash and Carolina Shores? We need affordable housing and HOA. Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 06:58 PM

11,818 posts, read 21,451,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabeech7 View Post
Moving to Calabash NC from the West. We visited there and would like a community, does anyone have information on Saltaire Village, The Village of Calabash and Carolina Shores? We need affordable housing and HOA. Thanks in advance
Carolina Shores is an older community with an HOA. There should be plenty of retired folks there. I am not familiar with the other areas.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:02 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,309,132 times
Define "affordable".

Old 08-11-2018, 08:51 PM

2,882 posts, read 7,785,691 times
Quote:
Saltaire Village is a section of Carolina Shores with manufactured homes. Carolina Shores has an active HOA, you will have to decide if it is affordable.
Make sure you check out the flood maps, Calabash has experienced some flooding issues-
https://www.carolinashoresnc.com/ind...F&Type=B_BASIC

Old 08-12-2018, 07:06 AM

11,818 posts, read 21,451,046 times
The Village at Calabash is also part of Carolina Shores. There is information here: https://www.carolinashoresnc.com/thevillageatcalabash

Since it was started in the mid-80's, I would assume the homes now need some modernization.

Old 08-12-2018, 12:08 PM

Thanks so much to all who answered.
I know what we are looking for price wise will be difficult, but due to some heavy losses this is where we find ourselves. Our Affordable is max about $140 and preferably under, and low HOA fees which these communities have.We are in need of a pool physically. My interest is in the POA and how they are and the friendliness of the community. I have heard horror stories once people bought in a community that they wish they had checked into more.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:23 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,098,094 times
Carolina Shores has some major flooding issues with big storms. Do your research

Old 08-19-2018, 05:32 AM

43,494 posts, read 18,676,893 times
Quote:
The Village at Calabash is manufactured houses, NOT TRAILERS like some who are uninformed believe.

Manufactured means built in a factory under stricter building conditions, usually in 2 sections and transported to the lot location.

They are like a raised rancher, which means it is NOT on a concrete slab.

The SAME materials are use in manufactured and stick built on site and pass ALL local building codes.

The Village is part of the Town of Carolina Shores as well as the COMMUNITY of Carolina Shores and a couple of others.

Both have POA's. Carolina Shores has STRICTER rules the the Village.

Today houses in thr Village CAN be fund under $150K but are running out.

The POA dues are $150.00 a year.

Whichever you choose, I have heard for 17 years and agree with, "I wish I coulda', shoulda' woulda' moved her sooner."

Last edited by Quick Enough; 08-19-2018 at 05:41 AM..

Old 08-19-2018, 05:35 AM

43,494 posts, read 18,676,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
The Village at Calabash is also part of Carolina Shores. There is information here: https://www.carolinashoresnc.com/thevillageatcalabash

Since it was started in the mid-80's, I would assume the homes now need some modernization.
It is NOT a subdivision type community where ALL the houses are built at the same time.

As people buy lots they either build right away or wait until they retire to build.

New houses have been built EVERY year since it opened.

Houses a year old ARE available for sale as well as older houses.

Lots are still available and you can build a brand NEW house.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:40 PM

Thank you!! Anyone live there or have imput on which POA's are better than others in the communities in & around calabash. Any to stay clear of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina