Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 05:51 AM

58 posts, read 97,618 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone, I got a traffic ticket on US64 in Tyrrell County on July 4th weekend while driving back from Outer Banks to Charlotte. it was a passing zone and the driver in front of me was probably texting or doing something on the phone and would slow down intermittently and then speed up a little. So I decided to pass this car and saw another car coming from opposite direction far away. Finally I merged and the car in the opposite direction was that of a state trooper. I had slowed down to 60 eventually but the officer cited me 79 mph on a 55mph zone and i have to appear in the court in Columbia with no option to pay fines.

The last ticket i got for speeding was in 2010 for going 9 over the limit.

Can you please recommend a good traffic attorney to represent me for this case?
Also Can i pre pone the court date since I will be out of country for a month when the date is set currently.

Appreciate your response and thank y'all.. God Bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
I used these guys when I got a ticket several years ago in that area going to the Outer Banks. I did not even appear in court.

Manteo NC DUI DWI Lawyer | Columbia North Carolina Criminal Defense Attorney | Speeding Tickets

Old 07-14-2017, 06:31 AM

58 posts, read 97,618 times
Thanks BC1960. Will give them a call.I want to at least talk to 3 reputed attorneys in that area to understand how much under water i am on this one

Old 07-14-2017, 06:35 AM

You'll get a mailbox full of letters from attorneys.

Old 08-05-2017, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,895 times
Most likely the same state trooper that caught me today. I was following behind 2 cars that was going 70. A All black charger flashed his blue lights on me for speeding ):. 69 in a 55. This is my first speeding ticket and I don't know what to do in reducing the cost or getting it waived.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,754 times
What ended up being the charges? We just got his by what seems to be that same charger on 64. 71 in the 55. Which to be honest we didnt see a speed limit sign anywhere until we got into town. From Florida and we could just pay the fine and be done. Seriously a manditory court date for speeding? Do these people have nothing else to do????

Old 11-24-2018, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
I randomly found this post after searching- my husband got a ticket 72 in 55 same small passing zone stretch there. Worst part it was 1:30 am with both our kids sleeping in the back..the speed limit goes from 70 to 55 on that stretch which is ridiculous. We are from Florida and were 14hrs into our trip to the Outerbanks and almost there- my husband has not had a ticket in 10yrs and mandatory court date. The office had zero sympathy and we learned that if he wrote the ticket for 2miles less we could have just paid a fine and be done with it. What a crappy way to start our vacation. P.S. we are on our way back now and as soon as you leave that area there is a huge billboard for a ticket attorney- just laughable. Any chance any of you can give an update to what happened with your court/fines when you got an attorney. There is absolutely no way we are coming back here for a court date.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMerritt View Post
I randomly found this post after searching- my husband got a ticket 72 in 55 same small passing zone stretch there. Worst part it was 1:30 am with both our kids sleeping in the back..the speed limit goes from 70 to 55 on that stretch which is ridiculous. We are from Florida and were 14hrs into our trip to the Outerbanks and almost there- my husband has not had a ticket in 10yrs and mandatory court date. The office had zero sympathy and we learned that if he wrote the ticket for 2miles less we could have just paid a fine and be done with it. What a crappy way to start our vacation. P.S. we are on our way back now and as soon as you leave that area there is a huge billboard for a ticket attorney- just laughable. Any chance any of you can give an update to what happened with your court/fines when you got an attorney. There is absolutely no way we are coming back here for a court date.
No need to appear in court if you have an attorney.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 949 times
I stumbled upon this after getting a ticket today on the same stretch of 64 in Columbia County on my way to the Outer Banks. Got clocked going 73 in a 55 so naturally I have a mandatory court date. The officer acknowledged that we were from Wisconsin and could have easily written the ticket for less than what he did so that we could just pay a fine. The police officers obviously have some agreement with the local attorneys. What a crappy thing to do to travelers.

Curious how much it ended up costing after hiring an attorney? Obviously most people aren’t able to return for a court date 2 months later.

Old 07-07-2019, 06:38 PM

3 posts, read 3,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinBadgerGirl View Post
I stumbled upon this after getting a ticket today on the same stretch of 64 in Columbia County on my way to the Outer Banks. Got clocked going 73 in a 55 so naturally I have a mandatory court date. The officer acknowledged that we were from Wisconsin and could have easily written the ticket for less than what he did so that we could just pay a fine. The police officers obviously have some agreement with the local attorneys. What a crappy thing to do to travelers.

Curious how much it ended up costing after hiring an attorney? Obviously most people aren’t able to return for a court date 2 months later.
So the agreement between the officers and local attorneys was to force you to drive almost 20 over the speed limit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina