Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 10:41 AM

1,031 posts, read 638,294 times

Advertisements

certainly is a shame in 2020 that we have this kind of response to a critical situation

If the state would have stepped in and mandated parking availability we wouldn't have had so many people crammed into such a small area

Either shut it down completely or open it up to an unprecedented level a half-ass reopening actually creates more risk of infection because people are condensed into smaller and smaller areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 12:02 PM

If the city cared about people's health and safety they would make all the parking free so people wouldn't be forced to stand in line and touch a communal machine

Old 06-02-2020, 12:16 PM

628 posts, read 398,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
If the city cared about people's health and safety they would make all the parking free so people wouldn't be forced to stand in line and touch a communal machine
Look, we get it. We're all thoroughly convinced. Wrightsville Beach is the devil incarnate, the people that live there are obnoxious cretins, and the town administrators make the gestapo look friendly and docile. And you are a world class authority on everything. You made your point. Lets move on, k?

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 06-02-2020 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Look, we get it. We're all thoroughly convinced. Wrightsville Beach is the devil incarnate, the people that live there are obnoxious cretins, and the town administrators make the gestapo look friendly and docile. And you are a world class authority on everything. You made your point. Lets move on, k?

There's no reason to be so dramatic

The reason I comment on things is because I have professional first-hand experience

You won't hear me discussing space travel or high fasion because I don't have any experience with those things

Im a scientifically educated person who grew up internationally and has nearly a Decade of personal first-hand experience in Beach management

I just never understood why Wrightsville Beach had the reputation it did amongst the Surfers and locals until I experienced the cluster bomb that went off during this past Memorial Day weekend

Perhaps if I had a more clear understanding of how the beach and town operates I would have bought my property closer to Topsail

Seems like your community can be pretty aggressive as I received private messages that enjoyed my post but they wouldn't speak publicly because they didn't want the ostracization

Look it's basically par for the course a bunch of wealthy northeasterners and Southern Hillbillies colliding in a culture War along one of the most beautiful beachfronts in the United States

I understand you don't like the exposure but the only way things are going to change is that if we make an effort to change them

I got a chance to go surfing last week but I had to stand in line with a bunch of people and play with a stupid parking machine in order to have the right to use a parking place that my tax dollars pay for... even better one of the damn machines was broken so everybody had to wait an extra long line to play with the only one that actually functioned

If you want to tax me that's fine but don't double charge me and expose me to people's viruses because you want to make a Dirty Dollar

FILTHY

Worst yet you've got these profit minded Hustlers out there charging people double the municipal rate to park for the beach on days where the local municipality subjugates the parking opportunities intentionally

They even command-and-control the churchs utilization of their parking space

Even in Naples and Boca raton Florida (cities that make Wrightsville Beach looks like a shanty town) we could buy a year-long parking pass for a nominal fee and enjoy the standard first come first serve parking opportunities that came with living in such a beautiful slice of paradise

Unfortunately I took a promotion to move up to this hillbilly swamp land and now I have to wait in line and feed a freaking meter in order to go surfing because the local Aristocrats don't want "them people roun these parts"

I swear I can faintly hear banjo music playing in the background

Show some class and let people use the beach for free under the pandemic so we don't have to go stand in line and tickle your robot while spreadding disease all over the damn place or better yet join the rest of the globe and issue a annual parking pass for people that pay taxes and own property in the damn state!

Old 06-02-2020, 04:14 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,810,396 times
This thread gave me corona.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
There's no reason to be so dramatic
LOL! I'M being dramatic?! You must be kidding. I mean, come on dude. Get real. And please stop.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:42 PM

183 posts, read 286,654 times
Trolls gotta troll. It's who they are. It's what they do.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:32 AM

6,416 posts, read 1,426,740 times
LOL! I just visited Wilmington and Wrigtsville Beach and we really like it! I laugh hard when I read it called a Hillbilly Swamp!

Old 06-05-2020, 02:14 PM

253 posts, read 282,933 times
Is parking opened up / back to normal yet? If not, why not? Having more parking areas open would spread people out more. I was hoping the restricted parking was just for the holiday weekend, and can't find anything about it at all on the town's website. It just looks like it always does, like a regular summer. I am reluctant to go to WB until the parking is normal. I try to stay away from everyone else even under normal circumstances, but it is especially important now - which is why not having all parking open does not make any sense. Any current updates appreciated.

Old 06-05-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie11 View Post
Is parking opened up / back to normal yet? If not, why not? Having more parking areas open would spread people out more. I was hoping the restricted parking was just for the holiday weekend, and can't find anything about it at all on the town's website. It just looks like it always does, like a regular summer. I am reluctant to go to WB until the parking is normal. I try to stay away from everyone else even under normal circumstances, but it is especially important now - which is why not having all parking open does not make any sense. Any current updates appreciated.
Easy way to find out: Call 910-256-5453 and ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina